Kelechi Nwakali - U17 World Cup Best Player.

sam-caddick

Nigeria retained their U17 World Cup crown yesterday and like Kelechi Iheanacho in 2013, Kelechi Nwakali won the golden ball making him the best player of the tournament.

Just looked him up on Google and on Transfermarkt it has him down a a City youth player and the brother of Chidiebere Nwakali who we loaned to Girona in the summer.

Is it confirmed that he is a City player?

To have two U17 World Cup golden ball winners coming through at City would be quite impressive.

He's U17, so he doesn't have an official contract, but everything points to him being with Man City. Hopefully however he won't feel anxious about staying seeing how his brother hasn't been treated all that nicely (currently on loan and not playing). Truely visionary player for someone his age, but still a lot of development before him. Andreas Pirlo comes to mind (without the long range shot threat).

He's U17, so he doesn't have an official contract, but everything points to him being with Man City. Hopefully however he won't feel anxious about staying seeing how his brother hasn't been treated all that nicely (currently on loan and not playing). Truely visionary player for someone his age, but still a lot of development before him. Andreas Pirlo comes to mind (without the long range shot threat).
Do what now?

So because his brother (who we gave the chance to in the first place) isn't good enough to get in a team that's struggling in the 2nd division in Spain (they're currently sitting at the same level as Chelsea over here, I enjoyed writing that ;) ) then his younger brother shouldn't "feel anxious" about staying at City?

Is that supposed to make some sort of sense? And how exactly do you think City haven't treated his older brother "nicely"?

Your post stinks of "entitlement".

Do what now?

So because his brother (who we gave the chance to in the first place) isn't good enough to get in a team that's struggling in the 2nd division in Spain (they're currently sitting at the same level as Chelsea over here, I enjoyed writing that ;) ) then his younger brother shouldn't "feel anxious" about staying at City?

Is that supposed to make some sort of sense? And how exactly do you think City haven't treated his older brother "nicely"?

Your post stinks of "entitlement".

Very harsh that, always found Jon's posts to be very informative about very obscure things. He gives us info that we wouldn't be able to find online. I actually came on here in the hope that Jon had posted about whether Kelechi Nwakali was a city player.

I also can see why he makes that point about his older brother. Whether we have treated him badly or not (I don't think we have, it's not our fault he can't get a game at a decent level), his brother's opinion is likely to affect our chances of signing him when he is 18. Let's just hope he looks at Iheanacho and how well he is doing, rather than his brother.

I'm sorry, I didn't express myself well. What Jordan CTID said is exactly what I was aiming at.

Chidiebere is apparently somewhat anxious to play and mad at not being given a chance by his loan clubs to show his skill. He's frustrated that he isn't even being given a chance to play games, as apparently he's been praised in training. Now - the question is whether or not this will impact Kelechi's stance on signing a pro contract with Manchester City. Will he progress like Iheanacho or be loaned out like his brother? And is Man City actually to blame for this in their mind? Iheanacho's slow integration with the first team is a positive sign that youth development at Man City isn't a dead end.

Kelechi is beyond a doubt way more talented than Chidiebere. His own brother says so. He has vast aspects of his game to improve, but this is arguably as good a signing as Iheanacho.

I'm sorry, I didn't express myself well. What Jordan CTID said is exactly what I was aiming at.

Chidiebere is apparently somewhat anxious to play and mad at not being given a chance by his loan clubs to show his skill. He's frustrated that he isn't even being given a chance to play games, as apparently he's been praised in training. Now - the question is whether or not this will impact Kelechi's stance on signing a pro contract with Manchester City. Will he progress like Iheanacho or be loaned out like his brother? And is Man City actually to blame for this in their mind? Iheanacho's slow integration with the first team is a positive sign that youth development at Man City isn't a dead end.

Kelechi is beyond a doubt way more talented than Chidiebere. His own brother says so. He has vast aspects of his game to improve, but this is arguably as good a signing as Iheanacho.
Then I apologise bud, I have enjoyed and appreciated your previous posts. I did think it seemed out of character considering your previous history on here, perhaps I was influenced by other threads which have been overly negative.

Never in my whole life of watching Nigerian football have I seen such a dominating performance by a Nigerian Midfielder (both defensively and Offensively) at any level of football, this kid is all that plus more. Imagine Yaya Toure with Fernandinho's workrate.

When I first heard of him, I didn't want to get carried away just because of his brother, but honestly it's more of the other way around. First time two guys with the same First name won MVP at the U17's back to back?

Thank you Jon for always giving us an insight to our Nigerian footballers. It really is appreciated even tho i havn't commented on it before!

The problem that I read in a site that his agent says Manchester City should paid 4 million pounds to sign the player

The problem that I read in a site that his agent says Manchester City should paid 4 million pounds to sign the player
It will always be the case with these players,seems money is pretty much the only factor in the 'decision'.I get the impression many get taken advantage of as,i suspect, alot of fingers are in the pie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.