Kevin Beattie RIP

England in the 70"s were deprived of some great players through injury Colin Bell , Gerry Francis, Ian storey moore and Kevin Beattie
Id guess only Bell out of that lot had his career cut short due to a single cynical nasty challemge by another player...as opposed to the normal run of the mill football injuries.....mr martin buchan has a lot to answer for.Bell,from what ive researched heard and seen was as fit as a fiddle,a sumpremely talented athlete....taken out by a journeyman hitman centre back.......martin buchancapt of utd when they and he was shif,complete opposite of the classy skilful hard but fair Kevin Beattie.i hate manchester utd football club.i really do.

Great player,R I P Kevin,remember when he broke Kenny clements’s leg you could hear the crack in the kippax.

I was in the corner section of the Platt lane and mainstand with my dad. They both broke their legs. The impact went through the ball, they both got the ball! Neither gave an inch on that tackle. Kenny never recovered his pace and for Beattie it was another injury. What a player, a buy your side in the trenches type. R. I. P

Was only a kid when he was in his prime at Ipswich and playing for England (at left-back I believe under Revie) but what a player with a sweet left-peg and incredible aerial ability (don't think he was quite 6ft?) Twist of fate for the semi, Beattie plays, Butcher switches to left-back, Butcher fouls Dave Bennett and Paul steps up.....'Wember-lee...'

Big Mal had him at Boro and changed the way he ran to save his knees but unfortunately he was finished as a pro. RIP Kevin Beattie

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.