Kevin Budd (former City player early 80's)

There were a few classic early 80s 'who???' players.
A couple of Gary's, Buckley and Jackson. Probably played a handful of games between them. Gary Jackson I think made his debut at The Swamp?(Dave Bennett's brother Gary was also at City wasnt he but don't think played for the first team)
Paul Sugrue alleged striker, remember him? (probably not) think he got sent down for fraud a while back.
Vaguely remember signing some bloke from non league Nuneaton Borough called something like Dave Wiffel (?)and he was in the squad against Liverpool one year .This may be my imagination but it would have been a very 'City' thing to do.
More recently some bloke called Steve Mcsomething was supposed to gave 'played' for us, anyone remember him??

A couple of Gary's, Buckley and Jackson. Probably played a handful of games between them. Gary Jackson I think made his debut at The Swamp?(Dave Bennett's brother Gary was also at City wasnt he but don't think played for the first team)
Paul Sugrue alleged striker, remember him? (probably not) think he got sent down for fraud a while back.
Vaguely remember signing some bloke from non league Nuneaton Borough called something like Dave Wiffel (?)and he was in the squad against Liverpool one year .This may be my imagination but it would have been a very 'City' thing to do.
More recently some bloke called Steve Mcsomething was supposed to gave 'played' for us, anyone remember him??
Slightly 'off topic' but that United game was my first at The Swamp.
Pretty sure we 'parked the bus' and Reeves scored with our only attack?(cue wild celebrations.
We've certainly seen the reverse plenty of times recently haven't we?
Loads of away fans in those days and remember the atmosphere in and around the ground being quite 'lively'.

Have seen all of those players in the 1st team (apart from Gary Bennett and Wiffil neither of them playing for the 1st team though the latter did make the bench) what is weird about Kevin Budd is no one seems to know of him

I'll chuck Keeper Ron Green in the pot, had a blinder for Shewsbury I think against us in a 2-2 draw at Maine Road, we signed him on loan and he just sat in the reserves.

Slightly 'off topic' but that United game was my first at The Swamp.
Pretty sure we 'parked the bus' and Reeves scored with our only attack?(cue wild celebrations.
We've certainly seen the reverse plenty of times recently haven't we?
Loads of away fans in those days and remember the atmosphere in and around the ground being quite 'lively'.
Bond put Aage Hareide man to man on Robson and he marked him out of the game

Bond put Aage Hareide man to man on Robson and he marked him out of the game
Hareide forgotten about him! At the time thought he was a decent player (was he DM?) pretty solid, didn't stay long?
Think fans called him 'Agy' or 'Oggy' due to not being able to pronounce his Norwegian first name?

Hareide forgotten about him! At the time thought he was a decent player (was he DM?) pretty solid, didn't stay long?
Think fans called him 'Agy' or 'Oggy' due to not being able to pronounce his Norwegian first name?
yep. I called him Aggy

Phill
My Dad says what happened to all those sheets you pinned on the wall for 'Teenage Kicks'
Kevin Budd joined City initially on trial from Norwich City during the 1980/81 season and made his debut away in a 0-0 draw at Bolton Wanderers (FEB 10)

He made 11 appearances for the reserves during that season

Phill
My Dad says what happened to all those sheets you pinned on the wall for 'Teenage Kicks'
Kevin Budd joined City initially on trial from Norwich City during the 1980/81 season and made his debut away in a 0-0 draw at Bolton Wanderers (FEB 10)

He made 11 appearances for the reserves during that season
I lost them when changing email address! They were kept in a saved file but then lost with all my TK emails!
Love to have another copy!

Wasn't sugrue from Nuneaton and wiffil bath??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.