Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
CKjeRBaUYAAo3Me.jpg

By David Anderson and John Cross, wtf? They should be reminded of this and trolled. F,ckwits!

I actually have such a huge problem with English football punditry in general. You have people talking about things they have no business commenting on. Most pundits have rarely watched a game outside of the Premier League yet have no problem making sweeping statements about players coming from abroad. For instance, Paul Merson calling Yaya Toure an 'average player' and stating 'Pedro is twice the player that KDB is' are so ridiculous they boggle the mind. I remember Martin Lipton stating a few years back that Aguero was 'the wrong man to replace Tevez and would struggle to score 20 goals a season'. I have no problem with experts getting predictions wrong but it's so annoying when you know they have no real idea on foreign football yet still make obscene sweeping statements.

I actually have such a huge problem with English football punditry in general. You have people talking about things they have no business commenting on. Most pundits have rarely watched a game outside of the Premier League yet have no problem making sweeping statements about players coming from abroad. For instance, Paul Merson calling Yaya Toure an 'average player' and stating 'Pedro is twice the player that KDB is' are so ridiculous they boggle the mind. I remember Martin Lipton stating a few years back that Aguero was 'the wrong man to replace Tevez and would struggle to score 20 goals a season'. I have no problem with experts getting predictions wrong but it's so annoying when you know they have no real idea on foreign football yet still make obscene sweeping statements.
On the other hand pundits with great knowledge of global football is few and far in between. And if all pundits are honest everytime they're asked about a player, they'd just say 'I don't know a lot about him, let's see how he does later on!' Pretty sure nobody would want to pay them haha.

On the other hand pundits with great knowledge of global football is few and far in between. And if all pundits are honest everytime they're asked about a player, they'd just say 'I don't know a lot about him, let's see how he does later on!' Pretty sure nobody would want to pay them haha.

I'd prefer that to statements like 'Mourinho sold him, he's obviously not good enough'. The blame also falls onto TV companies for hiring the likes of Collymore and Savage to give their opinions when they obviously have no understanding on foreign football. How about actually hiring people that have a real understanding on the teams/players involved for a specific broadcast?

And never seem to hold their hands up and say they were wrong either.just leads to them being bitter about the said player and his team as they wait,desperately, for a fall in their form which would make their bitter drivel be correct after all. How anyone could call Yaya average(5 years ago) is beyond me.robbie savage laughed at the Yaya signing and called him "The Wardrobe"... shows what savage knows about football.

And never seem to hold their hands up and say they were wrong either.just leads to them being bitter about the said player and his team as they wait,desperately, for a fall in their form which would make their bitter drivel be correct after all. How anyone could call Yaya average(5 years ago) is beyond me.robbie savage laughed at the Yaya signing and called him "The Wardrobe"... shows what savage knows about football.

Exactly mate, it's ludicrous. They don't even come up with these opinions from watching them play regularly but, instead, just make up any old drivel to suit their agendas or feed their egos. I'm not against criticism but it's ignorant criticism that annoys me yet their getting paid good money to express it.

I remember the ridiculous Lipman talking about Aguerro. And to think that herbert gets paid to have an opinion on football!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.