Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got a video of that journalist that was saying Kun was a bad buy? Could do with a good laugh.

And? Anyone who's watched Kev knows he can have a shit game and still get an assist from one good delivery at a set piece. Conversely he didn't get any stat for setting up Iheanacho and Sterlings goals yesterday but it was brilliant play.

I'm not sure how anyone who watched those first few games can say he wasn't off it.

He was clearly struggling to adapt to the new position and style and even said himself he sometimes didn't know where or when to run.

The international break obviously helped him assimilate the ideas and now he's better than ever, but he wasn't comfortable in the first couple of games.
Again this is a relative error. If most of our players are hitting 9-10s but DeBryune was hitting a 7. In relative terms he was poor compared to Silva and Fernandihno for example. But in absolute terms he wasnt poor. The point the guy I responded to was making was that he still had assists ( I.e was still being productive) even in a subdued performance in comparison to Silva in the games people deemed he was poor.

I pointed out then that once he starts scoring it will become academic.

Take Sunderland for example:A game in which Silva dominated aesthetically. But when you parse the stats you see Kevin albeit clearly inferior to David in that game actually wasn't poor. Yes his movements were labored and his combination play on the right with Sterling was nothing comparable to Silva's instant chemistry with Nolito. But when you look at chances created, key passes made shots on goal you find that Kev actually was quite involved.
Zidane never had the goalscoring threat KDB has, although he did a better job of dictating a game and from a crazily high position in an era in which most playmakers were moved deep due to holding midfield being flooded with bodies. Different players tbh, I think Platini *spits* or Baggio (when he played deeper) is the comparison you're looking for.
tTo be fair I see more of Pavel Neved when I watch Kev. Both are intensely driven towards what's functionally required to win.

De Bruyne's sudden superform got me puzzled. After seeing him struggle with Belgium as well I was really convinced that he just wasn't suited for that playmaker role, he looked too nervous in posessions, sloppy passing, strange decisions etc. Even v Cyprus (last international game of the break) he was virtually nowhere. But now all of the sudden, without Silva, which means De Bruyne is even more the playmaker now, he does this v United & Bournemouth ... Magnificent stuff, let's hope a Silva return will not unsettle him again.

Watching a couple of games on you-tube, left the room as I came back in the KDB song was being sung just after he scored and it sounded like Oh Kevin De Bruynerr, bet that feels like a kick in the groinerr. Might be me but it does seem more aesthetically pleasing.

De Bruyne's sudden superform got me puzzled. After seeing him struggle with Belgium as well I was really convinced that he just wasn't suited for that playmaker role, he looked too nervous in posessions, sloppy passing, strange decisions etc. Even v Cyprus (last international game of the break) he was virtually nowhere. But now all of the sudden, without Silva, which means De Bruyne is even more the playmaker now, he does this v United & Bournemouth ... Magnificent stuff, let's hope a Silva return will not unsettle him again.
Well he dominated the game along with Silva vs United so

Well he dominated the game along with Silva vs United so
Oh yeah, that's true, Silva still played in that one!! Says enough that I didn't even remember ...
Okay so it's all in his own head then? 8, 10 or even 9 doesn't even matter anymore? Brilliant, let's hope he can keep it up. One thing is for sure, this De Bruyne definitely belongs in the center, no point in banning him to the wings like Pellers tried a number of times last season.

Highest accolade ...the new Cruyff ... shame they spelled Cruyff wrong

Cs4Z069WEAAIPdU.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.