Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was outstanding. His direct passing is much more suited to the central midfield role than Silva's imo. No discrediting of Silva meant btw.

I think Kevin just edges it as my favourite player, maybe even of all time, just ahead of Silva. But then there's Kun, Ferno, Raz, Gundogan et all, my God how blessed are we with so many outstanding players in our team ))

Last edited:
Kevin De Bruyne: "I've no idea and I don’t care [why he never won over Mourinho]. I wanted to play football; I didn’t; so I left.”
Kevin De Bruyne: "I’m not thinking about being the best player in the league, I want to win titles. That’s more important."
KDB on Pep: "Not everybody goes full length on every detail, he does. All the little things - physical work, injury prevention and diet."
KDB on Pep: "When he speaks to me, we speak about everything. It is not always football: he speaks about family and life out of football."

Nosy bald tosser

I'd sell anyone in the squad before KDB. He's probably the most complete player City have ever had although I'm too young to have seen King Colin.

It's remarkable his influence since he joined. This isn't a dig but I hope those people who were calling him a "motd player" and suggesting he was overrated know better now.

Look up world class in the dictionary you'll find a picture of Kun. Look up different class you'll find KDB.

LOL...Double Dutch but you get the drift....

You beat me to it! :D

Kristof is right though, KDB is experimented with a lot, bit of a victim of his own versatility.

KDB has the same issue in the Belgian NT. In Belgium, the likes of Witsel & Dembélé are preferred for the 6/8 roles because of defensive discipline, same like Pep prefers Dinho / Gundo.

For the 10 role it's a constant battle between him & E. Hazard and now even T. Hazard, same as with Silva at City. So according to the coaches preference of the moment, KDB is pushed out wide, used centrally or even played as a striker.

Martinez trying to solve this now for Belgium by playing 3-4-2-1 where Hazard & De Bruyne occupy the two AM positions and are both allowed to roam as they feel. Not sure if a similar idea could work for City:

.........Bravo/Willy,

Stones, Kompany, Kolarov

Zaba, Gundo, Dinho, Sterling

......Silva, De Bruyne,

..........Agüero

I am terrible at defining lists on some issues and this is one of them. I go of how important they are in general for the team and most of ours are very important as we play at such a high level, no room for passengers and all that jazz. However i could not make a list now with anyone's name above his, it would be insincere going of purely how much they affect a game.
Some of us saw this early into his time here last year, and got pilloried for pointing it out. He is the essence of a big time player.

Said he'd be the best player in the league if we got him. Nothing has changed my opinion on that.

He is strangely a cut above. Like Pep said, there is the Messi table, and the next table over sits Kev amongst the next best 5.

You beat me to it! :D

Kristof is right though, KDB is experimented with a lot, bit of a victim of his own versatility.

KDB has the same issue in the Belgian NT. In Belgium, the likes of Witsel & Dembélé are preferred for the 6/8 roles because of defensive discipline, same like Pep prefers Dinho / Gundo.

For the 10 role it's a constant battle between him & E. Hazard and now even T. Hazard, same as with Silva at City. So according to the coaches preference of the moment, KDB is pushed out wide, used centrally or even played as a striker.

Martinez trying to solve this now for Belgium by playing 3-4-2-1 where Hazard & De Bruyne occupy the two AM positions and are both allowed to roam as they feel. Not sure if a similar idea could work for City:

.........Bravo/Willy,

Stones, Kompany, Kolarov

Zaba, Gundo, Dinho, Sterling

......Silva, De Bruyne,

..........Agüero
It's where we are eventually headed In my mind. Especially with the forth of talent at fullback. But Sterling over Zaba on the right and Nolito on the left.

P.s: Martinez better nor play Kompany or Ther would be war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.