Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's where we are eventually headed In my mind. Especially with the forth of talent at fullback. But Sterling over Zaba on the right and Nolito on the left.

P.s: Martinez better nor play Kompany or Ther would be war.
Two attacking players (Nolito & Sterling) as wingbacks in an already very attacking 3-4-2-1 is a bit too much I fear. I hate the word, but the team would be "off balance" imo.

Example of Conte's Chelsea could be followed here using an attacking winger on one side (Moses) & a defensive one on the other (Alonso). So in City's case Sterling or Nolito on one side & Zabba, Kolarov, Clichy ... on the other. And it's good to have these back-up options on both sides, because it's an extremely demanding role, running up and down the pitch all the time.

we certainly looked a lot better on Tuesday when kev moved more central and got more involved! first half stuck left nullified him alot

De Bruyne played as an "8" in Belgium's 8-1 demolition of Estonia last night, and his superb display as deeplying playmaker has once again strengthened my conviction that it's by far his best position, not only for him personally but for the sake of the whole team.

So if I were Pep (how cool would that be??), I'd stop experimenting & switching positions with Kev and just keep him next to Fernandinho, whatever that may mean for Gündogan (rotate with Kev to keep him as fit as possible?).

Here's how Belgium lined up last night:

..............Courtois,

..Dendoncker, Ciman, Vertonghen,

Meunier, De Bruyne, Witsel, Carrasco

..........Mertens, Hazard

................Lukaku

For City, assuming the same type of formation, I would line up MF and attack like this:

Zabaleta, De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Sterling,

..............Nolito, Silva,

.................Aguëro

De Bruyne played as an "8" in Belgium's 8-1 demolition of Estonia last night, and his superb display as deeplying playmaker has once again strengthened my conviction that it's by far his best position, not only for him personally but for the sake of the whole team.

So if I were Pep (how cool would that be??), I'd stop experimenting & switching positions with Kev and just keep him next to Fernandinho, whatever that may mean for Gündogan (rotate with Kev to keep him as fit as possible?).

Here's how Belgium lined up last night:

..............Courtois,

..Dendoncker, Ciman, Vertonghen,

Meunier, De Bruyne, Witsel, Carrasco

..........Mertens, Hazard

................Lukaku

For City, assuming the same type of formation, I would line up MF and attack like this:

Zabaleta, De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Sterling,

..............Nolito, Silva,

.................Aguëro

yeah right, keep the best scorer among attacking players in City,
deep into his own side, and far away from goal.
just marking Aguero, and City will never score, lol

KDB didn't score yesterday either, but Belgium (the team) scored eight (!) with I don't know how many assists & pre-assists coming from Kev.

So yes KDB would be likely to get less goals in that position but I'm absolutely positive he'd have even a lot more assists than he's already having and the team in total would be scoring more goals. Teams like Boro, Palace would just be eaten alive imo, just like Estonia last night.

Doesn't take away the fact that City do indeed have some firepower issues atm, Silva 's a fantastic player but doesn't score easily, Sterling is also a very inconsistent finisher ... Nolito does have what it takes to score goals I reckon, but him & Agüero is not enough. We need at least one more top class attacking player with good finishing skills.

KDB didn't score yesterday either, but Belgium (the team) scored eight (!) with I don't know how many assists & pre-assists coming from Kev.

So yes KDB would be likely to get less goals in that position but I'm absolutely positive he'd have even a lot more assists than he's already having and the team in total would be scoring more goals. Teams like Boro, Palace would just be eaten alive imo, just like Estonia last night.

Doesn't take away the fact that City do indeed have some firepower issues atm, Silva 's a fantastic player but doesn't score easily, Sterling is also a very inconsistent finisher ... Nolito does have what it takes to score goals I reckon, but him & Agüero is not enough. We need at least one more top class attacking player with good finishing skills.

Did you know that Sterling's conversion rate is equal to Aguero's this season? 1 goal for every four shots.

He's our best "scorer"? Strange that he's got fewer goals than Nolito, Sterling, Gundogan, Iheanacho...

We've played very well, as has De Bruyne, without him really getting on the scoresheet so far.

He's excelling in the "free 8" role as he called it, more so than the standard #10.

Did you know that Sterling's conversion rate is equal to Aguero's this season? 1 goal for every four shots.

Not really an illustrative stat - Sterling needs to shoot more, he's got a mild case of Silva-shootitus, averaging 2 shots per game.

I'm sure his conversion rate would go down but his, and the team's, goal numbers would go up if he took on more shooting opportunities.

His reluctance to shoot on his left especially is something he'll need to get over to keep improving and start posting the kind of goalscoring figures expected of a Guardiola winger. I'm sure he'll get there though.

Not really an illustrative stat - Sterling needs to shoot more, he's got a mild case of Silva-shootitus, averaging 2 shots per game.

I'm sure his conversion rate would go down but his, and the team's, goal numbers would go up if he took on more shooting opportunities.

His reluctance to shoot on his left especially is something he'll need to get over to keep improving and start posting the kind of goalscoring figures expected of a Guardiola winger. I'm sure he'll get there though.
u

It's as illustrative as you want to perceive it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.