Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
u

It's as illustrative as you want to perceive it to be.
I'm sorry to disagree with you here, but I don't think perception has anything to do with this. The most objective stat I think is just the numbers of goals scored per season:

2015-16: 9 in EPL + UCL
2014-15: 7 in EPL + UCL + UEL
2013-14: 9 in EPL

You can hardly call someone a prolyfic goalscorer with those kind of stats. And if his conversion rate is okay (which I haven't checked but I believe your word, even if there haven't really been enough matches in 2016-17 to really draw conclusion from this), then it still means that he doesn't shoot enough or come into shooting positions enough, as Domalino pointed out.
Either way, and that was the whole point, Sterling doesn't supply much firepower.

I'm sorry to disagree with you here, but I don't think perception has anything to do with this. The most objective stat I think is just the numbers of goals scored per season:

2015-16: 9 in EPL + UCL
2014-15: 7 in EPL + UCL + UEL
2013-14: 9 in EPL

You can hardly call someone a prolyfic goalscorer with those kind of stats. And if his conversion rate is okay (which I haven't checked but I believe your word, even if there haven't really been enough matches in 2016-17 to really draw conclusion from this), then it still means that he doesn't shoot enough or come into shooting positions enough, as Domalino pointed out.
Either way, and that was the whole point, Sterling doesn't supply much firepower.

I didn't call him a prolific goalscorer.

I said his conversion rate in the league this season is indentical to Aguero.

If you look at when things started to dry up for him recently in the league you'll notice that it was since he was moved out of the right sided position that he's been so effective in so far this season.

Anyhoo this is the DeBruyne thread so I'll leave it there.

Not sure the 3 at the back suits him, gets forced far too deep. Looked much more dangerous in the 15 minutes we played the standard 4-1-4-1 at end of first half.

However in his last 5 games, 1 goal 4 assists. In the league he's started 10 games & gotten 9 assists 2 goals. Consistently being the guy supplying the goals for us this season, key player.

Not sure the 3 at the back suits him, gets forced far too deep. Looked much more dangerous in the 15 minutes we played the standard 4-1-4-1 at end of first half.

However in his last 5 games, 1 goal 4 assists. In the league he's started 10 games & gotten 9 assists 2 goals. Consistently being the guy supplying the goals for us this season, key player.

Yeah he barely touched the ball in the 3241.

Still think he needs to score more, we're far too reliant on Aguero and KDB has the ability to do it, which perhaps Sterling and definitely Navas lack.

Am just so excited and grateful we have this player at our club. Even in games he doesn't dominate, his quick thinking and technique speeds up our passing game and creates chances. His dead ball skills are fantastic and he can finish. Given his age, there's no one in world football I'd swap him for.

Am just so excited and grateful we have this player at our club. Even in games he doesn't dominate, his quick thinking and technique speeds up our passing game and creates chances. His dead ball skills are fantastic and he can finish. Given his age, there's no one in world football I'd swap him for.

Agree with all of that. I'm delighted he chose to play for us.

I think De Bruyne is a truly special player. He simply oozes class and is only going to get better. I think it's a slight problem with him and Silva in a back three purely because there's a lack of space in the attacking third.

I'd like to see Sane and Sterling play either side of De Bruyne. If the two wide men held their width then there'd be more space for Sergio to run the channels and De Bruyne could also find more pockets.

De Bruyne hasn't been playing well but has still managed four assists (Gundogan v WBA, Silva v BMG, Touré #2 v Palace and Aguero v Middlesbrough) and one goal (Free kick vs Barcelona) in his last 5 games, which is exactly what we need to win the EPL. Picking up points regardless of form, and that's exactly what De Bruyne can do.

As much as I love Silva, he and De Bruyne kind of get in eachother's way when they play at the same time- wouldn't it make sense to either rotate them or play one in a creative winger position?

I know the lad is not an athlete by any stretch of the imagination but he looks shagged come the second half in some games. Does he smoke forty a day or something? His concentration in the second half yesterday was terrible n'all. Wasn't concentrating enough when he should have scored (what a monumentally poor finish that was!), wasn't concentrating enough when he was given a good ball to the wing and it bobbled through his legs and out for a throw, wasn't concentrating on his defeinsve side when he allowed runners to glide past him unattended for counter attacks.

I thought he had a really good first half but my word he was poor second half.

I'm not sure he's athletic enough to work on this fitness issues though. I think he's just one of those players, like Joe Cole, who is spent after an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.