Kevin De Bruyne 2016/17

KDB is our top provider of goals. no one should be on the sheet no matter what but he is our best player this year in terms of getting goals, why drop him? Unless to rest him which is understandable, not for away games though, that's where we need him at the moment.

You've asked me games in which he's been our best playmaker, and I've responded. Maybe it's you who doesn't understand?

You clearly don't understand what a playmaker is and what the role involves, so there's no point wasting time analysing each of those performances individually because you'll probably never understand it.

Using Newcastle, United away and Sevilla at home of examples of when De Bruyne has been our "best playmaker" are as alarming as they are bizarre so let's leave it there.

If we stop playing him on the right wing he can further prove his quality. we have to make hard choices and either play him OR silva on the left or 10, but not together.

I personally don't think he justifies a place away from home. It's very fucking worrying if you ask me.

But I personally believe the reason De Bruyne is struggling is because he's being swapped positionally every week. For me, build the side around him, surround him with pace and he'll flourish.

It's difficult in a squad like ours for the team to be built around anyone. I do agree though that shuffling not just De Bruyne, but all the attacking forwards around hasn't really helped them. I think they need consistency of selection but also consistency of position. Constantly asking Silva and De Bruyne to 'share' playmaking duties has so far led to both of them becoming blunt instruments when they need to be our sharpest attackers.

Seems too many are wanting to polarise any discussion about De Bruyne (or Silva for that matter) into a kind of cult of personality thing. We are blessed to have them both. They both have their place in the side. We can argue the toss over who is 'better' on any given day, but all I would like is for the player in form to be chosen and the player out of form to have sit out. As it stands, for me that's David but only marginally.

Everton at home seems a huge chance for both (or one of them if only one of them plays) to show their quality and show better form.

But but but Sterling cost a lot too? And he is sometimes left out. And so has Dave, and so has Yaya. DeBryune was left out at Sevilla and.... Ah fuck it. Facts don't matter. Who am I kidding.

And you know Nasri's form how?

When match fit , yaya,KDB and merlin have been on the subs bench once each in nearly 40 games , Sterling is a 20 year old still learning his trade , no matter how much he cost , he was never going to play every game this season , you seem to be able to retort to posts , but actually have no opinion yourself , in fact looking at some of your recent replies to my posts , you say nothing at all .Is this the right room for an argument ?, no it isnt , oh yes it is , no it isnt , oh yes it is , etc. etc.

When match fit , yaya,KDB and merlin have been on the subs bench once each in nearly 40 games , Sterling is a 20 year old still learning his trade , no matter how much he cost , he was never going to play every game this season , you seem to be able to retort to posts , but actually have no opinion yourself , in fact looking at some of your recent replies to my posts , you say nothing at all .Is this the right room for an argument ?, no it isnt , oh yes it is , no it isnt , oh yes it is , etc. etc.
My apologies. I think Manuel picks his players based on who actually is best for the team. And while my opinion on who is best may sometimes differ from his, I still believe be picks his team based on who he thinks is best. Just like anyone of above basic intelligence would.

T

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.