#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sergio sadly has passed the summit of his career. Injury and age will take its toll.
Sadly, I think you are right.

That's especially the case given he’ll be coming back from a meniscus injury. As someone that has damaged meniscus from football injuries — but had very good care, if not quite as good as what Sergio receives — I can say it can (and very often does, even with professional athletes) impact your performance levels.

Couple that with him naturally declining based on age (relative to the level he was and is required moving forward), he may still be a top tier player, but not at the world class heights he was even a year ago.

Right now I think our only world class players are De Bruyne, Sterling (despite his miss on Saturday, which has happened to all of the greats at one time or another), and Ederson — all three would be snapped up immediately by nearly any club in the world if available.

Laporte is close but needs a bit more time to cut out more frequent errors than the others.

I think Foden is very likely to eventually get there and Bernardo, Jesus, and Rodri still have the potential to do so, as well.

Otherwise we have top tier to very good players in most positions, with former world class players retiring or declining out of that level.

We really need to retain De Bruyne at nearly any cost at this point given that.

Very few teams, even great ones, have world class players across the board. I wouldn’t characterize Valdes, Keita or Pedro as world class, but they understood the system they were asked to play perfectly and could be relied upon to consistently perform.
Exactly. It's like a finished jigsaw that looks great when complete even though some of the pieces look ordinary on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.