#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He‘s already getting 400k/week. I don‘t see any other club paying him that much. If he is not committed I think that he should leave. Imagine a captain that might stay if u raise his salary again. De Bryune might be unique and essentially a weapon in our game but that doesn‘t mean that there‘s no one in modern football who can reach his level.
£400k a week, since when has any City player earned that sort of money. We didn’t want to sign Sanchez because he would have broken our wage structure as he was asking for £400k a week that’s why he ended up at the rags.

Do you guys think the likes of Komany would have stayed with us for so long if we didn't pay him a load of money? I doubt he left Hamburg because he grew up with dreams of playing for the mighty City. Aguero wouldn't be our record scorer if we weren't paying him through the nose either.

Bullshit walks and there's a lot of it in this thread at the moment.

maybe not, but I don’t think Kompany as captain would be demanding more money or he’d leave. Could be wrong though.

Im probably living in fantasy land, but it would be nice if a future captain just wanted to be at the club and didn’t need money to convince him. And also we are at the stage as a club where money isn’t everything.... it’s not like ten years ago

do you really want someone like that as captain.

maybe not, but I don’t think Kompany as captain would be demanding more money or he’d leave. Could be wrong though.

Im probably living in fantasy land, but it would be nice if a future captain just wanted to be at the club and didn’t need money to convince him. And also we are at the stage as a club where money isn’t everything.... it’s not like ten years ago

It looks like the club are offering him more money and the promise of being captain because we want to keep him, rather than him demanding those things or he's off.

Kompany was different, in the sense that he owed the club a debt of gratitude for developing him into an elite player, whereas KDB was a superstar when we signed him; it’s the same reason Totti stayed at Roma, Gerrard Liverpool, Scholes turned down Inter - the highest paying club in the world at the time. The key is to find more Kompanys, Zabaletas, Harts etc and commit to developing Fodens and Harwood-Bellis types.

We’re lucky that we got Silva when Barcelona had Xavi and Iniesta, plus Real had just bought Kaka and had their sights on Ozil, who at the time looked an even better, more productive talent; same with Aguero being available when Barca and Real were stacked with elite talent in the forward positions. Even so, they have likely earned far more - creatively - than declared to keep them here for a decade without any real hope of winning the Champions League; I imagine even factoring that in, being sold the Guardiola dream during the relative mediocrity of Pellegrini’s last two seasons was a decisive factor too.

De Bruyne might therefore use them as reference points regarding sacrificing a Champions League winners medal, and nobody could blame him if he’s honest about it. He’d had 5 clubs by the age of 23, so him adding another one in his prime isn’t surprising if we can’t proving him with European football.

Ideally though, a one year ban will be a compromise everybody is happy with, and he can cement his status as a club legend over the next 5 season and help facilitate a smooth transition for the next manager and generation of players.

Told you he is blonde !

Kevin De Bruyne on being called 'Ginger Pele': "I'm blonde, not ginger. This [has come from] social media. It's not something I've heard of - I don't have a lot of nicknames. I get called 'tumble dryer' because when people text, I reply with like two words." [via
@brfootball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.