#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked like he was feeling his leg later on & I thought he should go off, but then he was sprinting like fuck afterwards.

He looked quicker & sharper today & for Belgium than the games inbetween. Looked very fit at the end.

The thing that impressed me most was the way he was chasing opponents down in the closing minutes when we were eight nil up. That's effing incredible application and great leadership.

Pep Guardiola on @DeBruyneKev: “He was quite good. The guy has a future. Kevin is a special player. He sees something other guys cannot see. Sometimes I’m a little bit like ‘Grrr’, when it’s a simple ball and he loses it. How, with your quality, can you lose it?"

“He’s an incredibly talented player, with his vision up front and the quality he has. We had an incredible season, but we missed him a lot. I’m happy he’s here. When nobody knew him or talked about him, the club were there and said, ‘He can help us’.”

Will surely go on to surpass Merlin as our greatest ever

Sorry can't agree , Merlin has been the most consistent and relatively injury free player for a decade in a blue shirt , Colin Bell was the greatest midfielder i have seen until the little magician turned up. KDB will be revered like Vinny , Zabs , Yaya , Kun and others as massive influences on our club. But there's only one Merlin

Sorry can't agree , Merlin has been the most consistent and relatively injury free player for a decade in a blue shirt , Colin Bell was the greatest midfielder i have seen until the little magician turned up. KDB will be revered like Vinny , Zabs , Yaya , Kun and others as massive influences on our club. But there's only one Merlin

We’re in dicey ground here when talking about our best ever (Silva) but Kevin is on another level. On the most fortuitous level he could bag 10/13 goals and 25 assists if the random elements bounced his way. Had it not been for Messi/Ronaldo and also him being a few years younger he’d be the favorite for the ballon d’or for 5 plus years now dating back to his Wolfsburg season and there’s still 3/4 more for us. As a midfielder too which is even more difficult in the rewards category.

To your point he still has 3+ seasons at that level to take the top spot.

None of us can see into the future so deciding now that Kev may not become our greatest ever player is presumptuous. Of course it will be hard to overturn the almost inevitable ascent of Merlin to Colin's crown due to the massive affection in which Silva is held by the current fan base. However, KDB is a quite exceptional player and probably more talented all round than Dave. Dave moves like no player I have ever seen but KDB makes passes that no one else sees. Dave is beautiful; Kev is incredible. We are blessed to have such players at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.