#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until Fernandinho gets back into midfield we won’t see the best of Kevin or the team.

Until Fernandinho gets back into midfield we won’t see the best of Kevin or the team.

Kevin was great before his injury against Everton
With Rodri in midfield. Not all players come back from injury firing on all cylinders. Nothing to do with Dinho or Rodri.

He doesn't look fat to me

EJw960IXUAAijZP.jpg

No but red really doesn't suit him, does it? I mean that, it's not just banter. His natural colouring is vastly more suited to light blue.

Kevin was great before his injury against Everton
With Rodri in midfield. Not all players come back from injury firing on all cylinders. Nothing to do with Dinho or Rodri.
The teams a lot better with Fernandinho in midfield , i’m Sure you’ll agree

The teams a lot better with Fernandinho in midfield , i’m Sure you’ll agree

Fernandinho missed half of our run of 14 consecutive wins in the league last season and didn't start against Spurs at home in the CL when Kevin had his best game this calendar year. You are seriously underestimating Rodri if you think that the main reason for our problems is not having Fernandinho in midfield. The latter is 34 y.o. and hasn't been that great in midfield since he got injured in February. Gundogan did replace him quite well during the run in.

The player we are missing the most is Laporte, not Fernandinho in midfield. In the games we lost vs Norwich and Wolves both Laporte and Kevin didn't play/start. Laporte has been huge for us and we don't have a replacement for him like we have in Rodri for Fernandinho.

A Rodri, Zinchenko and Kevin midfield trio would be really strong and balanced imo.

Kevin offers the best goal and creation threat of any of our midfielders, having two more defense minded midfielders behind him would be the best route.

I would even try Bernardo in a midfield 2 behind Kevin, his workrate would go a long way in stabilizing our current midfield, which the opposition has been going through like butter. It is an option, I'm still not so certain on this one.

No but red really doesn't suit him, does it? I mean that, it's not just banter. His natural colouring is vastly more suited to light blue.
It's the same thing as looking at Mark Zuckerberg's face. There's just a tinge of red in EVERYTHING; the complete lack of contrast makes it look unnatural.

A Rodri, Zinchenko and Kevin midfield trio would be really strong and balanced imo.

Kevin offers the best goal and creation threat of any of our midfielders, having two more defense minded midfielders behind him would be the best route.

I would even try Bernardo in a midfield 2 behind Kevin, his workrate would go a long way in stabilizing our current midfield, which the opposition has been going through like butter. It is an option, I'm still not so certain on this one.

We're much better playing on the front foot but we need players with energy who can press (we do have them) Gundogan and Rodri in theory give us 2 holders but it simply doesn't work in a side that will always be high up the pitch as we dominate games. Also as against Liverpool pushing KDB further up you lose his running power. Foden, Bernado or a fully fit David with KDB in midfield and one of the other 2 behind works just fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.