#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it time to start talking about how mediocre Kev's looked for a month or so now? I hope he finds some rhythm soon because he still looks way below his level at the moment.

Is it time to start talking about how mediocre Kev's looked for a month or so now? I hope he finds some rhythm soon because he still looks way below his level at the moment.

He is the only one in that midfield who offers us anything. I agree he is not ripping up trees at the moment but at no point before has he been required to completely carry the midfield the way he is needing to at this time. We are almost at the point where if Kev does nothing, this team does nothing.

There were far worse players than him tonight imo.

Overall I think when the whole team looks mediocre, pointing at individuals isn't the right area to look at, the manager has to fix the problem.

He was one of the better performers tonight but still looks half a yard off the pace. His trademark crosses were either blocked or cut out by a very resolute defence.

He's not the problem, but part of it. Against Chelsea he lost the ball in dangerous positions too many times.

In the 38th minute yesterday, he got the ball around the halfway line. He and Cancelo were occupying the same space, so he stopped for a while urging the rest of the team forward by waving his arms. Then he misplaced his pass into the middle and the miners started a counter. Things just don't come off for him, but then again the problem is much bigger than that.

We've been playing a 4-4-2 with a Rodri-Kev double pivot. He's not out of form, he's simply coming to terms with a position/role that he has never played before, at least not at this level. Our attacking output has suffered because while Kev is playing a defensive role, Silva, Bernardo, Sterling and Aguero have not stepped up to fill that gap from an offensive front. Can't believe people are criticizing him. His only fault (if you can call it that) is placing the team above himself and doing the dirty work just to grind out results. There's not a single 15 goals, 20 assists a season player in the world who would sacrifice the personal glory and fame to do dog's work.

I think he is carrying a bit of weight and has lost a yard of pace. I'm hoping they are linked but maybe the injuries have taken their toll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.