#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked this in the match thread but does anyone think he could have got a penalty had he gone down, just before the Foden goal after his run?

Phenomenal performance, if he'd scored that near the end it might have been the greatest goal I'd seen in a City shirt.

I think he's going to be our greatest ever.

He was brilliant tonight, only foden and gundogan were better. you saw the determination to make sure we went through but in a weird kind of way he had one of his off games in the sense that he should have scored a couple tonight. How blessed we are to have this flop.

I asked this in the match thread but does anyone think he could have got a penalty had he gone down, just before the Foden goal after his run?
I thought the foul was outside the box. But how wasn’t it a free kick?

Sublime. His skill but energy and desire is amazing too. I’ve said it before but outside of the defence he is our best tackler too.

The best football we’ve played in this, and for a few games perhaps, any other season was when Kev was sidelined. The almost mythical concept of total football was there before our eyes in sky blue. I don’t know if it’s a tactical thing or if the other key players feel slightly inhibited and less likely to express themselves when Kev is playing but since he’s been back we haven’t hit those heights again. His individual contribution after the first two or three dodgy games of his return has been fine and there have been moments of top class but we arent as fluent as we were without him. Coincidence maybe but I wouldn’t pick him tonight.

Jesus.

We'd be out of the Champions League if not for him, no question about it. It's a myth that we were better when he was out, our good run started several weeks before his injury.

Bernardo's not as good when KDB's fit but that's the only real difference, and honestly I'd rather have an off-colour De Bruyne than Bernardo at his best. If Bernardo can't perform unless De Bruyne's injured, that's his problem.

100% but you’d have backed him to put the chance away if he stayed in his feet and I bet he did too. Shame, would’ve been an unbelievable goal to top an unbelievable performance for him

Immense tonight and best player over the two legs.

He's one of the best players for pressing and nicking back possession in the final third that I've seen, does it so well without fouling.
Among all his other qualities of course

Immense tonight and best player over the two legs.

He's one of the best players for pressing and nicking back possession in the final third that I've seen, does it so well without fouling.
Among all his other qualities of course

Watching Mbappe and Neymar... playing out of their skin last night it was good to see him play like that.. he’s on their level technically but has a far, far, broader skill set. The most complete player on the planet.. has all the skills.. buts he’s also an incredibly powerful player and deceptively fast. Also the best passer in the world and a ridiculous footballing IQ.

I sometimes think he may actually be better than Pogba after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.