#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks a yard quicker after his month rest, I'm genuinely shocked.

When he went to the byline in the box to cut it back, I thought "He's never getting there" and a burst of speed just came out of nowhere.

I know I'm hammering on this drum a bit, but he has to be given an extended rest after this tournament.

We are blessed to have this man. At present, I'd say he's the only clearly world class player in the side. The others are obviously very good players. Phil may well get there, but he's not there yet. Rúben, too, quite possibly.
The Rudiger incident. At the time, I was inclined to let it go as an accident. Looking at it back, I don't think so. Not at all. He knew just what he was doing. I don't think it would have necessarily changed the result, but I'd like to have seen. Kev would have played his balls off to win that trophy, I'm sure of that.
As he will this one. I'm almost more of a Belgium supporter than an England one, at present. I've got a very soft spot for Italy, too — purely because of Roberto.

We are blessed to have this man. At present, I'd say he's the only clearly world class player in the side. The others are obviously very good players. Phil may well get there, but he's not there yet. Rúben, too, quite possibly.
The Rudiger incident. At the time, I was inclined to let it go as an accident. Looking at it back, I don't think so. Not at all. He knew just what he was doing. I don't think it would have necessarily changed the result, but I'd like to have seen. Kev would have played his balls off to win that trophy, I'm sure of that.
As he will this one. I'm almost more of a Belgium supporter than an England one, at present. I've got a very soft spot for Italy, too — purely because of Roberto.
If England played Belgium who would you want to win ? Tbh I’d want Belgium but I have Hungarian heritage so it’s easy for me .

If England played Belgium who would you want to win ? Tbh I’d want Belgium but I have Hungarian heritage so it’s easy for me .

Nah, mate. I've now lived two-thirds of my life outside England. I have no family whatsoever there. In practical terms, my connection with the U.K. is City, simply. That's what I go over for. City is my ‘overseas country’.
But… I could never support another team against England. Never. Whether it's in cricket, football or rugby. It's just unthinkable for me. However mournful or unenthusiastic I may feel about the way England play, I have to be behind them.
As long as Belgium go on, I'm behind them, although with Kev out it does change it a bit for me. But if it comes to a Belgium-England clash…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.