#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a player, and what a ball that was for the first. Congratulations on 100 (glorious) assists Kev, what a highlight reel they will make

How many did david silva get for us by the way?
Not sure exactly but he had 50 odd by the same point of games as KDB has reached 100.

I’ll always love David Silva, I feel terribly sad I won’t see him play in a City shirt again but KDB is taking it to another level.

Not sure exactly but he had 50 odd by the same point of games as KDB has reached 100.

I’ll always love David Silva, I feel terribly sad I won’t see him play in a City shirt again but KDB is taking it to another level.
Silva was always a different kind of player though. He was effectively a holding midfielder who could ply his trade in the attacking third, which was and still is unheard of.

De Bruyne is an unstoppable assist machine who scores the occasional worldie too.

Silva was always a different kind of player though. He was effectively a holding midfielder who could ply his trade in the attacking third, which was and still is unheard of.

De Bruyne is an unstoppable assist machine who scores the occasional worldie too.
I get that, Silva controlled the game from the middle of the pitch, with little pace, more effectively than anyone in the PL era. He was sublime.

He was a beautiful player to watch and was my all time favourite until KDB reached these new heights.

Outside of the stunning assist tonight, Kev did some seriously unbelievably good play. 2nd half he was on the touch line and skinned two players before a worldly pass the Foden, who was obviously taken by shock he’d got it to him and fell over.

The pass to Sterling first half, through a gap that didn’t look possible, nobody else even tries that, let alone executes it.

Ive never been as excited when anyone picked the ball up before than Kev, even Yaya in the final third or Aguero in the box.

Kev is just sat above them all of this generation for me.

Some might have a pop at me for this but enjoy him, he’s the best player of the Mansour era and in the last two generations.

Not qualified to say if he is better than Bell was, as I wasn’t born but I genuinely think he’s better than D.Silva was for us, which I never thought I’d ever say.

He’s the best player I’ll likely ever see play for City.

I wouldn't give up on seeing a better player at City than KDB at your age.

I saw plenty of Bell. Is Kev better than him or Silva or Yaya? I don't think it matters and I think it's too soon to judge. Kev though can do things though that I have never seen equalled when it comes to the number of amazing passes that he makes.

I wouldn't give up on seeing a better player at City than KDB at your age.

I saw plenty of Bell. Is Kev better than him or Silva or Yaya? I don't think it matters and I think it's too soon to judge. Kev though can do things though that I have never seen equalled when it comes to the number of amazing passes that he makes.
I’d say he has.

I might seem like I’m getting carried away but I am deadly serious when I say we’ve got one of the world’s greatest ever midfielders in this team.

The only way he can get better is doing it even more often, but he does it pretty much every week now.

I get that, Silva controlled the game from the middle of the pitch, with little pace, more effectively than anyone in the PL era. He was sublime.

He was a beautiful player to watch and was my all time favourite until KDB reached these new heights.

Outside of the stunning assist tonight, Kev did some seriously unbelievably good play. 2nd half he was on the touch line and skinned two players before a worldly pass the Foden, who was obviously taken by shock he’d got it to him and fell over.

The pass to Sterling first half, through a gap that didn’t look possible, nobody else even tries that, let alone executes it.

Ive never been as excited when anyone picked the ball up before than Kev, even Yaya in the final third or Aguero in the box.

Kev is just sat above them all of this generation for me.
Some of the things he does makes you wonder how any sane person can compare Fernandes to him.

I mean numbers wise they've been fairly similar and they serve similar purposes in their teams, but when you watch them they are worlds apart.

That is one hell of a take
I get what he means. I wouldn’t say holding but he did sit deeper than people realise and he just completely ran the game.

He wasn’t always at the money end going for goals or assists he was assisting the assists.

Dembele is a little like that, who used to play for Spurs, just nowhere near David’s level.

That is one hell of a take
And I stand by it. Silva's gift was that he could control the game in the same capacity as a deeper lying player but he could do it parked in front of the opponent's penalty box as opposed to the centre circle where most of those players used to live. He had wonderful movement, brilliant control, and next level awareness.

The younger Silva was more of a direct goal threat, but even under Mancini his role he played a way where he controlled proceedings in the final third.

The use of holding midfielder is a means of his style, not his position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.