Key food to extend your lifespan by 5 years

I eat butter because i enjoy it. If it causes me to snuff it 5 years earlier then I'm not going to swap it for a butter wannabe spread.

Butter.
Butter is far healthier than any spread (i believe Anchor is only one made from grass eating cows).....spreads particularly low fat are like eating plastic!
Whole fat natural food better than any low fat/sugar processed crap.
Most supplements/tablets will do nothing more for you than make your piss expensive....as thats where most end up ;)

I take 1000mg of cod liver oil, 1000mg of omega 3 daily with no issues. How many mg of vitamin A would there be in the cod liver oil tablets?

Vitamin A isn't even listed on Omega 3 tablets. Checked and my multivitamins have Vitamin A as well, 800ug.

Both deficiency and surplus intake may cause severe side effects, so while it's crucial to meet the RDA of 700–900 mcg daily for adults, don't exceed the upper daily limit of 3,000 mcg

That's just supplements before adding food, I don't get a huge amount of oily fish in my diet, mostly white fish.
I take it I'm nowhere near that upper daily limit?

Is mcg and ug the same?
I doubt that little cod oil would cause any problems,and I'm not sure of the unhealthy levels...I just know fish oils offer greater nutritional benefit and can even aid in fat loss if other aspects of your diet are on point.

NHS says No more than twice a week.
Too many pollutants like mercury in them that can build up in the body for more than that weekly amount.
With all respect that’s bollocks.

Herbivorous fish have small amounts of mercury in them from the water, nothing harmful to humans, hence why we can eat them every day.

The issue is with carnivorous fish, like tuna, they do eat other fish every day, quite a lot of them, and therefore have quite a lot of mercury in them. That’s why we’re only told to only eat tuna twice a week or not at all if you’re pregnant.

Checked here to make sure I wasn’t chatting shit.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/fish-and-shellfish-nutrition/

Herbivorous fish have small amounts of mercury in them from the water, nothing harmful to humans, hence why we can eat them every day.

The issue is with carnivorous fish, like tuna, they do eat other fish every day, quite a lot of them, and therefore have quite a lot of mercury in them. That’s why we’re only told to only eat tuna twice a week or not at all if you’re pregnant.

Checked here to make sure I wasn’t chatting shit.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/fish-and-shellfish-nutrition/
You are chatting utter shit.
Read your own link to the END!

I stopped at this bit…

How much white fish should I eat?​

You can safely eat as many portions of white fish per week as you like, except for the following, which may contain similar levels of certain pollutants as oily fish:

All I will say is Marvin Gaye wrote Mercy Mercy Me back in the 70's with the rhyme fish full of Mercury. Back then it was believed tuna were storing up Mercury making them almost deadly to humans. Turned out it was a load of tosh. Tuna and other fish had natural levels of Mercury and it wasn't harmful to us....Great song though.

All it means is I will have 5 more years of dribbling and looking out of the care home window at the passing cars.
Yeah, but the carers who have to deal with your bed wetting and pant shitting for an extra five years are more than likely rags.............. payback for all the shit they have given out.

I doubt that little cod oil would cause any problems,and I'm not sure of the unhealthy levels...I just know fish oils offer greater nutritional benefit and can even aid in fat loss if other aspects of your diet are on point.
Thanks I wasn't aware you could have to much vitamin A, C, D or E until today
I checked my supplements and can see I get 2350 mcg vitamin E daily in supplements before adding what I get from my food.
750mcg from cod liver oil
800mcg from one multivitamin with cod liver oil
800mcg from my other multivitamin

I'll cut out "800mcg from one multivitamin with cod liver oil" from now on.
Mad to think that doing something you thought was positive for your health could actually have detrimental health effects.
Quite alarming to hear about the potential for liver damage

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.