Khaldoon's End of Season Interview

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by SouthStandStander, 21 May 2019.

1. laserblue

laserblue

City lost all 4 squad full backs that summer and they were all well over 30. We replaced the 4 with 3 signings which isn't that profligate especially as I'm struggling to think of a full back we'd actually paid a big fee for since the takeover. Zabaleta cost £6.45m, Clichy £7m, Kolarov £16m and Sagna was a free.

Last edited: 31 May 2019
  2. Kennedy_probably_has

Kennedy_probably_has

If I remember right the summer we spent all the money on the full backs we hadn’t spent any money on full backs for the previous 6/7 years. We also then went on to win 2 consecutive league titles with an average of 99 points plus 3 other trophies and a charity shield! So I’m not too arsed to be honest!

laserblue likes this.
  3. Metalartin

Metalartin

That's true but I was looking at it from the market distortion angle, they went especially overboard with the criticism of our fees on Mendy and Walker.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tra...pielerposition_id=5&altersklasse=&leihe=&w_s=

It was a jump of £15.5m for Walker(we signed him first if I remember right) but this was 9years after the previous record was set by Dani Alves' transfer to Barcelona from Sevilla(£31.95m). So I wonder what the bar graph will look like.

Last edited: 31 May 2019
  4. nmc

nmc

When another team in Stretford buy a Crystal Palace full back for North of £60m later this summer it’ll be a shrewd investment and money well spent.

laserblue likes this.
  5. Ardwick Green Blue

Ardwick Green Blue

Having watched both parts I'm struggling to understand the excitement about it to be honest. A shoeing for the mediocrity Tebas, nice words about the season past, lots of stuff about CFG (which doesn't interest me in the slightest), a vague promise to expand the stadium when the time is 'right' and not much else.

I like Khaldoon but his end of season thing is standard City TV.

6. karen7

karen7

Which paper do you work for?

7. EricBrooksGhost

EricBrooksGhost

I think the most important statement was, to paraphrase, football is a small world and when people in leading positions say things something we get to know.
    A clear dig at some of our Premier League rivals who are actively working against us.

8. bewildered

bewildered

This is nonsense...

Our taking over the CoMS should be held up as the template for the best practice when it comes to building stadia for events like the olympics, commonwealth games etc.

There are white elephant stadia all around the world that have cost tax payers millions.

We take up a tenancy that pays significant sums back to the taxpayer while carrying out further development and making full use of the facility and people slag us off for it...

Pathetic...

9. mikemcfc

mikemcfc

Team supported:
    CTID
    those fuckers, they even had the nerve to butt their noses in and bail out all of western Europe in WWII

10. GaudinoMotors

GaudinoMotors

Why do we have a "limit" facility?