Khaldoon's End of Season Interview

The stadium wasn’t built for City by the Government/state. Please get your facts right.

The stadium was built for the 2002 Commonwealth Games.

City agreed to move to the now Etihad stadium so it didn’t become a white elephant after the games. City gave MR and the surrounding land away for free to the council. It’s now houses.

City paid for the NS to be built after the games, It cost City £22mill. During the games it was a temporary stand.

City lease the stadium and pay rent to Sport England and Manchester City Council. The lease is for 250 years. City now pay £4mill a year to lease/rent the stadium. You do the maths. Up to £1bill, depending on further rent/lease increases. That £4mill per a year goes back to the local community, blue and red.

City have spent millions on the stadium, including the expansion of the stadium.

City have an option to buy the stadium out right.

Holy shit lads calm the kaks, the levels of paranoia around here are off the scales. I never said the stadium was built for City, I said it was built and paid for by tax payers money, all factually correct. I never said anything about this was in any way negative or wrong, simply stating that their is enough shit to throw at Tebas, La Liga, Madrid and Barcelona without bringing council involvement in when we have been have net benefactors.

those fuckers, they even had the nerve to butt their noses in and bail out all of western Europe in WWII
Take it easy. Never said my country hasn’t done anything good, but I’m not ever going to turn a blind eye to the terrible things it’s done either. Of course, I’m coming at it from the angle of a good many of my ancestors being the ones slaughtered, so maybe it matters to me more.

This is nonsense...

Our taking over the CoMS should be held up as the template for the best practice when it comes to building stadia for events like the olympics, commonwealth games etc.

There are white elephant stadia all around the world that have cost tax payers millions.

We take up a tenancy that pays significant sums back to the taxpayer while carrying out further development and making full use of the facility and people slag us off for it...

Pathetic...
Manchester City Council has made a huge financial profit off the stadium deal and the local community has gained a fantastic windfall with new homes, schools, playing fields and a long-term regeneration strategy that will bring billions of pounds to our city and thousands of jobs.
Sheikh Mansour has already made a huge profit on his investments, getting his original stake back by selling a 13 per cent share to the Chinese. This is a business model which should be the envy of the world but instead has become a target for criticism by short-sighted idiots. Manchester would not have even won the bid for the Commonwealth Games without the backing of Manchester City FC.

Holy shit lads calm the kaks, the levels of paranoia around here are off the scales. I never said the stadium was built for City, I said it was built and paid for by tax payers money, all factually correct. I never said anything about this was in any way negative or wrong, simply stating that their is enough shit to throw at Tebas, La Liga, Madrid and Barcelona without bringing council involvement in when we have been have net benefactors.

The stadium was funded by Sport England using money from the National Lottery so no taxpayers money was involved. The club pays an annual rent to Manchester City Council but if they bought the stadium outright then Sport England would get any sum involved and the council would get nothing.

All the council put in initially was the land the stadium was built on & at that time it was a worthless, post industrial wasteland. In return, the club handed over Maine Road to the council without receiving any money and then paid the full conversion costs to turn the games stadium into a football stadium. Already we have paid more than 50% of the build costs of the stadium too.

I'm happy to put you straight..

Take it easy. Never said my country hasn’t done anything good, but I’m not ever going to turn a blind eye to the terrible things it’s done either. Of course, I’m coming at it from the angle of a good many of my ancestors being the ones slaughtered, so maybe it matters to me more.
being Canadian I understand your angle. and it's tragic to a degree. but the short version is that, right or wrong, you weren't exactly as welcoming as much as you'd want sympathizers to believe, yes some at the time tried to exploit the indigenous and some shady shit went down, but the first nations also slaughtered countless loads of innocent settlers. the natural way of the world is migration, N.A. was always gonna be settled at one time. one course of action provoked another. it didn't need to work out that way.

Think that was mostly Russia, but their human rights record isn't too hot either.
in what war did russia spearhead the beaches at normandie and blast across france and the rest of western europe? did more than one country help elsewhere?, of course.
but what Britain did trying to colonize the universe wasn't exactly in the best interest of a lot of people either. so it's not exactly fair to bash america, unless of course your pissed that the derby isn't west munich city vs west munich united, or that your team isn't bayer liverpusen.

With around 25 million total killed between both military and civilian personnel, Russia can certainly say it did as much as any country during the Second World War, and it’s people suffered ravages that most of us can’t comprehend. The total picture is incredibly complex and certainly not easily explained on a football forum. In short, Britain couldn’t have prevailed without American Atlantic food & munitions convoys, Russia couldn’t have won without American lend/lease, and neither could have won without Britain preserving a corner of Europe against the Nazis which subsequently served as a staging point for the liberation of mainland Europe. The Norwegian commandos who bombed the Nazi heavy water plant also played a vital part in delaying the the German atom bomb programme too. As stated, way too intricate and involved for a discussion on a football subject forum - let’s stick to the subject matter

The stadium was funded by Sport England using money from the National Lottery so no taxpayers money was involved. The club pays an annual rent to Manchester City Council but if they bought the stadium outright then Sport England would get any sum involved and the council would get nothing.

All the council put in initially was the land the stadium was built on & at that time it was a worthless, post industrial wasteland. In return, the club handed over Maine Road to the council without receiving any money and then paid the full conversion costs to turn the games stadium into a football stadium. Already we have paid more than 50% of the build costs of the stadium too.

I'm happy to put you straight..

And sport England get their money from fairy trees? I'm happy to stick the record straight up your hole.

And sport England get their money from fairy trees? I'm happy to stick the record straight up your hole.
National Lottery isn't it....? All those rags and Scousers helping to fund our stadium buying lottery tickets and now paying for the upkeep of the Blues when filling up their cars....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.