Kia Sportage

Funny, just looking for a new car, and I need a bigger one now the kids are growing at a seemingly exponential rate, and the Kia Sportage is on my shortlist, along with an Audi Q3, a Peugeot 3008, and maybe the Seat Ateca. Price and spec wise, the Kia gives you far more it seems.
I need one with a bit more grunt than the 1.2l 82bhp Cactus I have, so the Sportage GT line 1.6 petrol auto AWD is the one I’m looking at ( I don’t do diesel) decent boot for trips, and the AWD when we need it in winter and going over the peaks is a definite plus.
We use Kia’s at work and everyone says they’re decent, we had 5 in a ceed estate for a holiday in Cornwall and it did a great job. The 7 year warranty is also a big plus, my Cactus has been in the garage for recall for bonnet lock, gear cable, and is in for 2 door replacements under warranty this week, so, while I love the car, I probably won’t be buying a Citroen again sadly, as I love the quirky designs, I have a C3 Aircross at the moment, and it’s really nice and fun to drive.

Funny, just looking for a new car, and I need a bigger one now the kids are growing at a seemingly exponential rate, and the Kia Sportage is on my shortlist, along with an Audi Q3, a Peugeot 3008, and maybe the Seat Ateca. Price and spec wise, the Kia gives you far more it seems.
I need one with a bit more grunt than the 1.2l 82bhp Cactus I have, so the Sportage GT line 1.6 petrol auto AWD is the one I’m looking at ( I don’t do diesel) decent boot for trips, and the AWD when we need it in winter and going over the peaks is a definite plus.
We use Kia’s at work and everyone says they’re decent, we had 5 in a ceed estate for a holiday in Cornwall and it did a great job. The 7 year warranty is also a big plus, my Cactus has been in the garage for recall for bonnet lock, gear cable, and is in for 2 door replacements under warranty this week, so, while I love the car, I probably won’t be buying a Citroen again sadly, as I love the quirky designs, I have a C3 Aircross at the moment, and it’s really nice and fun to drive.
Id suggest a minimum 2 Litre engine size, its a big car for a 1.6 auto
Even my Kia Cerato hatchback has a 2L engine

A week after warranty ran out you still have rights
Should have gone to consumer affairs about the 2nd door

VW used to good vehicles back in the day, now theyre just shit.
Yeah I know. I argued with VW about "goods not of satisfactory quality" and that it should be fixed at their cost, since it is obvious (as it occurred separately on 2 doors) that there is an inherent fault that was present when the car was sold. i.e. Sale of Goods Act rules apply.

They wanted to scam me £100 to "have a look at it" before they would decide whether the fix should be paid for by VW!!?!? I wrote to VW and complained and they just backed up what the dealer said.

In the end I gave up and just drove it for a year with the back drivers door locked shut and unable to open, and then miraculously it started working again and then I traded the car in anyway.

With all the money they spend try to attract customers in the first place, this was an object lesson in how to make sure your customer never buys one of your products ever again. Fucking idiots.

Last edited:
I am looking at a Sorrento because I need something to tow my caravan and not a lot of vehicles fit the bill. I have had a couple of Kia’s and they have been nice if unexciting. Not sure I want or need excitement whilst towing.

Honda CRV or Hyundai Santa Fe Sport.

Also, the new VW Tiguan is a big step up from the old one, and has a 6yr/72,000 mile BUMPER TO BUMPER warranty!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.