Kia Sportage

Just buy the cheapest car that can accommodate your load and that can start, steer and stop. Beyond that you are just pissing money away on gimmicks in addition to the liability of big repair bills down the line.

I've been thinking of getting an SUV when I change my car in December even though up till now I've been irritated when behind them or trying to park next to them. My kids are more or less grown up now too so the advantages of them as a family car no longer apply. What I am thinking, perhaps incorrectly is that the high driving position will be generally more comfortable, especially on longer drives where currently I have to peel myself out of my i30. Would i be worng to expect them to be more comfortable for a slightly arthritic 50 odd year old?

I'm planning to hire a Qashqi for the week wqhen we drive to Cornwall to see for myself but would be interested to hear others experiences

I've been thinking of getting an SUV when I change my car in December even though up till now I've been irritated when behind them or trying to park next to them. My kids are more or less grown up now too so the advantages of them as a family car no longer apply. What I am thinking, perhaps incorrectly is that the high driving position will be generally more comfortable, especially on longer drives where currently I have to peel myself out of my i30. Would i be worng to expect them to be more comfortable for a slightly arthritic 50 odd year old?

I'm planning to hire a Qashqi for the week wqhen we drive to Cornwall to see for myself but would be interested to hear others experiences

Not to mention the need for big wheels to cope with the fucking disgusting road conditions.

Yeah I know. I argued with VW about "goods not of satisfactory quality" and that it should be fixed at their cost, since it is obvious (as it occurred separately on 2 doors) that there is an inherent fault that was present when the car was sold. i.e. Sale of Goods Act rules apply.

They wanted to scam me £100 to "have a look at it" before they would decide whether the fix should be paid for by VW!!?!? I wrote to VW and complained and they just backed up what the dealer said.

In the end I gave up and just drove it for a year with the back drivers door locked shut and unable to open, and then miraculously it started working again and then I traded the car in anyway.

With all the money they spend try to attract customers in the first place, this was an object lesson in how to make sure your customer never buys one of your products ever again. Fucking idiots.

VW used to make quality cars when others were so-so at best. The rest have now caught up and VW are made to look average. The only people who can't see this are VW and their dealers.

Ive owned one SUV (Ive noticed you Brits have adopted the American name for these things).
I got rid of it about a year ago and went back to a car. Basically didnt like the big step down from high up (and the big step up when getting into it) plus they dont really have that much room in the cabin, but they look as if they should have.
I used to get annoyed at it though when I filled it with petrol. It was costing me about 30% more in fuel than the previous car, due to its weight mainly, I found the figures they gave you for petrol consumption were very misleading, when you start doing mainly urban driving.
I didnt like just chucking money away on more petrol, I kept thinking that extra $40 a week ($2000 a year) could buy something nice that we could actually see.
Anyway I went back to a car which I prefer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.