Kids Sports Days

willipp

Just been to my seven year olds sportsday and i have come back so grumpy and mad about it. It was absolutely pathetic the whole thing. People always comment about how there are often now no winners or losers at sportsday, well this one didnt even have events you could win or lose at.

An assault course that looked like a 3 years old had designed it, take a penalty into an empty goal, throw bean bags at hoops, egg and sppon against no one, pass a sponge around a group of 8 kids in a line as fast as you can etc etc. It was absolutely dire and more ethan anything the kids looked bored senseless. I genuinely worry about what kind of kids schools will churn out into real life when this is how protected and sanitised from real life they are.

When the kid gets home pass Him/Her a cricket bat and launch some Corkies at full pelt shouting "Welcome to the real world sucker"

Do they still do the dads' race?
Now that's a modern invention, isn't it? Nothing like that at our primary school back in the seventies. Proper competitive stuff for the kids only, training days, heats and league tables for the teams. It was always a highlight of the year for me even if I was less than average. Got a few second places down the years which I was chuffed with.

Now that's a modern invention, isn't it? Nothing like that at our primary school back in the seventies. Proper competitive stuff for the kids only, training days, heats and league tables for the teams. It was always a highlight of the year for me even if I was less than average. Got a few second places down the years which I was chuffed with.
Only at primary school. Nobody brought their parents to sports day at secondary school.

But early 90s for me.

Some lady told me off at our school because I asked the kids who would win out of two boys wanting to race. She said you mustn't teach them competetiveness. Surely in sports you should? Why do we dumb it down?

They stopped doing the parents race at my daughter's school after a mum fell over and broke her wrist one year. In my defence she did cut right across my lane chasing after her egg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.