Kids Sports Days

IMO the problem with individual competition with kids at this age (7) is that they differ physically and mentally so much that it's simply not fair.

At 7 IMO you want them competing in team sports against other teams of an equal level - whether it's mixed ability or tiered ability.

I went to my 4 & 8 yr olds sports day last year it was as competitive as when I was in primary school late 70's early 80"s.
If it was anything less I would ban my lads from taking part. Here's my youngest coming from 3rd to 1st to win the hurdles before falling over celebrating.

Hurt feelings rule nowadays.
Poor Fat Gorden, it isn't his fault he's marginalised because of his size and the willingsness of his parents to let eat eat junk and go on the xbox all night.

A bit of shame might do him some good and build some character and not have him be a whimpering sad sack for the rest of his life.

And this is now, imagine whats its going to be like in 10, 15, 20 years when the feminist millennial's have kids and run the schools.. I shudder.

Sports will be dominated by countries / organizations who are old school.

I went to my 4 & 8 yr olds sports day last year it was as competitive as when I was in primary school late 70's early 80"s.
If it was anything less I would ban my lads from taking part. Here's my youngest coming from 3rd to 1st to win the hurdles before falling over celebrating.

Well in. I'd have banned the others though, running around the hurdles like that. Cheating cunts.

Once they get to high school then surely they need to understand winning and losing. If they want to be in the football team, netball team, cricket, whatever it may be, its competitive and the best get selected. Coming from my sons primary school they will have no concept at being the best, surely thats what they should be striving for.

what do your kids do in games/ P.E. lessons? It could be that is more competitive and sports day is treated as a bit of fun? Hence the "lets give fat dads a heart attack " race where that is used - thin out the dead wood lol

Hurt feelings rule nowadays.
Poor Fat Gorden, it isn't his fault he's marginalised because of his size and the willingsness of his parents to let eat eat junk and go on the xbox all night.

A bit of shame might do him some good and build some character and not have him be a whimpering sad sack for the rest of his life.

And this is now, imagine whats its going to be like in 10, 15, 20 years when the feminist millennial's have kids and run the schools.. I shudder.

Sports will be dominated by countries / organizations who are old school.

Yet we do well at Olympics, Winter Olympics we win medals where we used to just go along for the experience, cycling we continue to do well in, rowing........

Yeah now, but I seriously doubt we will in the future.
But by then every country will get a medal!

The lack of competitive sports moan has gone on since the 70's and 80's - often blamed on "soft Labour run education authorities" yet since then at Olympics after Olympics we do better and better. The paradox is football which has loads of cash and loads of coaching with kids in competitive leagues and England and Scotland to name but two have gone backwards.

Overly competative little shit. What about the feelings of those he overtook to claim the title? They'll be traumatised for life now because of that, think of themselves as failures and spiral in to a world of self doubt, self harm, drug abuse and quite possibly child prostitution. All because of that selfish little bastard. Be prepared for a claim in due course, any equal rights lawyers in here?

You win some. You lose some. Welcome to life.

Supporting Wales in the football has made me appreciate the slight successes and just appreciate it for what it is. We’re taking part!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.