Kieran Trippier

According to Andy Welsh on the OS, he was "outstanding" in today's 2-0 loss to Espanyol (mostly kids playing). He got rave reviews in both City XI friendlies too, as he did for Barnsley last season. By all accounts he is a fantastic talent now and has signed a new 3-year contract but does he have a chance in our first team considering we keep buying? If we don't sign anymore right-backs I think he could have a small chance with Boateng gone, meaning only Richards and Zaba are real right-backs (though Boyata showed against Bolton he can fill in and has a good cross). I wonder if he will be loaned out again this season, turns 21 in September.

Doesn't panic when defending or attacking.

And something I've noticed he does, is when making an outside run, he doesn't just look at the man in possession, but he tries to watch players movement in and around the box, so he can cross it first time when he gets the ball with some idea of where he needs to get the ball, as opposed to the "hit and hope" style of so many fullbacks (and even wingers now) in the modern game.

It's unfortunate for him that there are two very good right backs (Richards and Zabaleta) in front of him and it would be hard to choose him above those two, especially Richards because of his great form.

Maybe send him on loan to a Premiership club, where he might not play every week but might get a reasonable level of game time?

Motty said:
Maybe send him on loan to a Premiership club, where he might not play every week but might get a reasonable level of game time?

Saw a whisper on a Bolton fan site that Coyle could be interested in loaning him. Considering he has stood out at Championship level, I reckon Trippier is definitely ready for a Premier League loan - that's if we don't want to keep him this season for the NextGen tournament and also as a third choice RB for the first team (Carling Cup duty?).

LoveCity said:
Motty said:

Saw a whisper on a Bolton fan site that Coyle could be interested in loaning him. Considering he has stood out at Championship level, I reckon Trippier is definitely ready for a Premier League loan - that's if we don't want to keep him this season for the NextGen tournament and also as a third choice RB for the first team (Carling Cup duty?).

Baring in mind the success Wilshere and Sturridge had at Bolton, that could be a good move for him, although I doubt this will happen now as it looks like they are going for Tyrone Mears. 3rd choice might be a good idea, only thing is if we use him for the Carling Cup, then he might not get much chance if we take the same approach as last year. Maybe QPR would be an option for him, after the hit Kyle Walker was there last season.

As for other youth players, does anyone know the latest with Helan, Ibrahim, Veseli, Benali, Karius, etc?

Motty said:
As for other youth players, does anyone know the latest with Helan, Ibrahim, Veseli, Benali, Karius, etc?

Veseli with the first team squad in America and looking pretty good. Must surely mean he's highly regard to go with the first team squad ahead of so many others of his age group? The rest of them played today along with new signing Scapuzzi.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Match-reports/2011/July/Espanyol-v-City-XI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Match-report ... -v-City-XI</a>

No sign of Harry Bunn though, he has to be injured to be in neither the first team squad, XI squad, or this kids squad.

Motty said:
LoveCity said:
Motty said:

Baring in mind the success Wilshere and Sturridge had at Bolton, that could be a good move for him, although I doubt this will happen now as it looks like they are going for Tyrone Mears. 3rd choice might be a good idea, only thing is if we use him for the Carling Cup, then he might not get much chance if we take the same approach as last year. Maybe QPR would be an option for him, after the hit Kyle Walker was there last season.

The fact that we used four 'kids' in the defence against WBA in the League Cup, was due to the fact that we only had four fit senior defenders and Bobby didn't want to risk osing any of them for the Prem match the next weekend.

However, I think that if Trippier does not go out on loan, he will get a game in the early rounds of the cup competitions, especially if we draw lower-league opposition.

he won't get a sniff,nor will Onouha,Johnson,Weiss,SWP or fuckin Caceido.
we all know it so why not turn it in goin on about it ffs?

clowns pockets said:
he won't get a sniff,nor will Onouha,Johnson,Weiss,SWP or fuckin Caceido.
we all know it so why not turn it in goin on about it ffs?

Well Caicedo certainly won't considering he isn't here any more!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.