'Killing The Game' new book

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Prestwich_Blue, 29 Sep 2018.

1. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

Team supported:
    Manchester City is my team - until I fucking die.
    Good to know... very misleading title though :-)

Gary James likes this.
  2. Gary James

Gary James

'Manchester City Folklore' see @garyjameswriter
    Or a cunning title to encourage those doubters to buy it and then read a positive story?

1.618034 likes this.
  3. petrusha

petrusha

In the distant past with fellow sad City geeks
    I tried to take this to PM but was unable to contact you that way. You're going back a fair bit there. I remember it well, though, because I was quite angry about it. Not because it got a slating, but because the 'reviewer' clearly hadn't read the book and because it then emerged that the 'review' had been submitted under a pseudonym from an email address that wasn't on the subscription list, in contravention of the well-established ethos of MCIVTA. I could say more, but no point in raking up stuff that's long, and best, forgotten.

Having myself queried, before I read the book, whether the self-proclaimed pro-City viewpoint of the author might make the book a whitewash that was better ignored, I fully agree with PB's take. It's definitely not an impartial account, but the author's quite open about that. I'd say it's one for City fans rather than the neutral, but there's definitely enough material that isn't widely known to make it worth Blues getting hold of it, IMO.

Gary James likes this.
  4. Ardwick Green Blue

Ardwick Green Blue

Hence the smiley at the end of my comment. I remember the ‘reviewer’ went on to claim that around 120 people had emailed him to agree that your book was a load of shite....

petrusha likes this.
  5. nmc

nmc

Disappointed that Rummenigge hasn’t written the forward to it ; )

6. Gary James

Gary James

'Manchester City Folklore' see @garyjameswriter
    It is sadly all too easy for people to hide behind pseudonyms and slate a book in a review. For me any book written by a Blue should be encouraged if it provides a different angle, approach, new material etc. I also think that anyone writing a negative review should put their own name against it.

petrusha likes this.
  7. Since1976

Since1976

I've read the book and its excellent got a little bit boring when it got to the new york city bit deffo worth reading

Gary James likes this.
  8. 1961_vintage

1961_vintage

Patrick Barclay is writing my review for me.

SVP likes this.