King of the Hill

Great days. Some great lads in that side and just a really enjoyable season that just got better and better. That day at Blackburn and the fans we took that day will always be something that as a city fan I will be proud to be a part of. Ctid.
It really was a great day wasn't it.
We were so shit in the first half and lucky only to be 1:0 down, sitting in the Main (Jack Walker?)stand i was thinking 'am i the only City fan round here?'.
Minutes into the 2nd half, the Goat scores and the place erupts and it's obvious there are City fans everywhere (the rest , as we all know is history!)
The noise from the away section was fantastic that day, still makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck when I watch it back. The atmosphere and comoradarie on the pitch afterwards was pretty special too.
Ofcourse we've seen much better players playing far superior football against far more glamorous opponents over the past decade or so. However for me (and probably many other blues) there won't be many games that wil beat being at that one or the one against Gillingham the previous year!

Doubt the club would have survived if we hadn't beaten Gillingham. And to this day Rovers away is the only time I can remember us being truly stuffy to win a game. How many times did Rovers hit the woodwork 5 or 6 times?

One of the greatest days I've had following City. My brother is a Blackburn season ticket holder and he was in the Blackburn End. We met him on the halfway line after the full-time whistle. Our fans were everywhere. The Gillingham game a year earlier was more of a relief but this was more about joy. The lads had been brilliant all season and it's one of the few years where we'd smashed expectations. Most of us would have been happy with mid-table consolidation. My God, has it really been 22 years?!

The sad thing for me are the circumstances under which Joe left a year later. It was all very acrimonious. Joe and Willie had done a great job but the PL was a step too far. I always felt they deserved a chance to try to get us back up again, but Keegan's arrival brought in a fantastic new brand of football and optimism. 2011/12 had the greatest climax, but 2001/02 was my favourite complete season. It wouldn't have been possible without that barmy day in Blackburn.

I couldn’t get in and had to watch it in the Fernhurst pub. Absolute mayhem in there when we scored, one of the TV’s got smashed the radiators were ripped off the wall with water seeping everywhere . Ended up in Albert Square afterwards . Great day

During the Joe Royle and Kevin Keegan eras we had the best fans in the country, hands down.

I miss our support of those years.

Good mini-documentary, that. It’s a shame they didn’t show the fans at the gate getting in and how the fans circled the pitch towards the end. But still good.

Any documentaries about our club are great to watch. However, City do have history before that era. City seem to dismiss it all though, and portray ourselves as a club that came from down the leagues and now we’re a top club.

But we were only a club that was down the leagues for a very small part of our history, and we should celebrate the rest of our history a lot more.

I’d love to see a documentary about our formation that dispels a lot of the myths about our formation.
One on the 1904 FA Cup winners and almost double winners (losing out on the title on the last day) then showing how that team was disbanded (the bribery scandal).
One about the 1930s team with all the crowd records we broke and the League and FA Cup wins, the tour of Germany as English champions (and refusing to do the Nazi salute before games), in the same season we ended up being the only club to ever be relegated as champions and the only team ever to be relegated as the league’s top scorers.
One on the 1950s team, two trips to Wembley in a row, Bert Trautmann, the only club to ever score and concede 100 goals in a season (finishing 5th), and how we showed respect to United by declining the offer to replace them in the European Cup after the Munich Air Disaster.

Facts and info about all the players of those eras that I think are hugely ignored by City and City fans, and have been going back decades not just the new era City.

Is it about me
Mods apologies if there is already a thread about this video (I honestly cant see one) but this is the finest video that City have put together.
The interviews and the footage is absolutely brilliant and all the way through I had this continuous big fucking grin on me old chops !!
Wonderful and such nostalgia !!
is it about me????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.