King of the Kippax | Last ever edition (p 20)

Great Post Don

Keogh (Middleton)
O
Always a good read, written by and for City supporters, and as others have said the sad end of the printed version is another sign of the times. Met Dave & Sue once, years ago, when I was back over; a few months later they put a note in the magazine saying I was dead.
Later corrected.
Your real name is Lazarus and I claim my £10 reward !!!

I've got to say I loved them days. A fanzine was a link to fellow Blues. The first Internet one that I knew of was MCIVTA, one of the people who ran it was a girl called Heidi, I only met her once anyone know where she is now ?
Probably still in Switzerland?

i used to mix it with the bitter sometimes, made the bitter drinkable
I used to work in The Olde Boars Head in Middleton in 74/75 and remember those mixed pints.
I think a black and tan was Guinness and brown ale.
Black velvet was Guinness and cider.
Snake bite was lager and cider.
A pint of mixed was mild and bitter.
And some guys used to drink an Admiral Benbow but I never found out what was in that.

I used to work in The Olde Boars Head in Middleton in 74/75 and remember those mixed pints.
I think a black and tan was Guinness and brown ale.
Black velvet was Guinness and cider.
Snake bite was lager and cider.
A pint of mixed was mild and bitter.
And some guys used to drink an Admiral Benbow but I never found out what was in that.
2 parts gin to one part vermouth with a dash of lime. Minging...

Had to make one when working in the bar at a leisure centre in Crumpsall. Doubled up to try it myself and he complained I didn't put a cherry in for garnish!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.