King of the Kippax | Last ever edition (p 20)

For a while Phil lived in Coventry and travelled all over with the Leicester and Rugby branch along with the legendary Dave Kelly (top bloke)

By way of info the next edition, due out end of November-ish I suspect, based on next week’s submissions’ deadline, will be the 300th and last. Dave and Sue Wallace have decided to call time on the fanzine after 35 years. A terrific effort and I’m sure many people will want to thank them for all the hard work they put in

By way of info the next edition, due out end of November-ish I suspect, based on next week’s submissions’ deadline, will be the 300th and last. Dave and Sue Wallace have decided to call time on the fanzine after 35 years. A terrific effort and I’m sure many people will want to thank them for all the hard work they put in

I've not read it for a while but there was a time (pre internet) when this and a few of the other City zines were staple reading, witty and often the best news source for our club - I subscribed for a good few seasons rather than pick up an issue at the match as in those days, it got a little messy and I often lost issues, so decided to get them delivered to my home!!

Whilst I don't know Dave and Sue on a personal level, I've had a few engagements with Dave and always found him to be a really good bloke.

Don't know (or care, or mind) if they've made profit from the fanzine but how they have essentially devoted the last 35 years or so, providing entertainment/information for us Blues is extremely commendable.

Fairplay to both of them and if this is the last issue - seriously well done, cannot praise them and all the other contributors highly enough

Wow, what a legacy...

Haven’t bought a copy for 30 years but I’ll buy this one, KOTK is a part of the fabric of City and a link to a time when fans felt more connected to the club. Written by proper blues for proper blues.

Thank you guys.

I shall certainly miss this as was apart from a great read the true essence of what the fans true opinions were at the current time. So much more reliable than the spoon fed drivel from Sky. There will be nothing like it ever again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.