King of the Kippax | Last ever edition (p 20)

I think City fans were lucky to have such a differing style of fanzines to choose from. I think the most at anyone point on sale was 6.
As I said I bought them all. It was weird that you could almost guess where people were from by the fanzine they bought or wrote for. KoTK, Bert Trautmann’s helmet and Chips and Gravy seemed a bit yonner/north Manchester, the former always seemed to have loads of musical references to irrelevant old hippies like YES and Roy Harper. Blueprint seemed more south Manchester, Borrows was from Didsbury iirc and more in tune with our humour

Preferred City til I Cry for the viz style comic strips, the worst was Bert Trautman's Helmet.

Preferred City til I Cry for the viz style comic strips, the worst was Bert Trautman's Helmet.
I wrote the scripts for Dagenham Dan, The Man U Fan (but not the drawings)
You will know the inspiration for the title ;)

After the first one, I actually sent a copy to Viz and they politely declined......

Last edited:
Blueprint seemed more south Manchester, Borrows was from Didsbury iirc and more in tune with our humour
When Blue Print started Mike was from Bury, Frank was in Cleckheaton near Bradford, Rob and Chris Swinton and Jocky Salford - and of course Dave Wallace for first 2 issues from Leigh.
I joined issue 4 when in Sale and Bill a few issues later and he was living in Wigan then!

I liked BTH and still subscribe to the online version. I lived outside Manchester for 20 years so every home game was a trek so I loved them all for the different voices and takes. As I said though Blueprint was short lived but definitely had more of a south Manchester/Birch Villa/Clarence vibe

I liked BTH and still subscribe to the online version. I lived outside Manchester for 20 years so every home game was a trek so I loved them all for the different voices and takes. As I said though Blueprint was short lived but definitely had more of a south Manchester/Birch Villa/Clarence vibe
Yes 6 years. 88 to 94.
By which time there were 8 Blue Print babies born between us and our time was taken up doing other things

I wrote the scripts for Dagenham Dan, The Man U Fan (but not the drawings)
You will know the inspiration for the title ;)

After the first one, I actually sent a copy to Viz and they politely declined......
Preferred Durham dug the Man U thug.

One 'episode' he is ironing his shirt for derby day to go down the pub, it turns out to be derby day in Durham and he gets twatted by Sunderland and Newcastle (even though Northumberland) fans, then claims how he battered them all when in hospital.

It was a clear Sid the Sexist rip-off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.