Manager of the Year

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think what he's done with Palace deserves recognition. They were in a dire position when he came in, many had them strong favourites for the drop, myself included, lost a teams worth of players in one summer, inherited a side stuck in Hodgson's negative ways, he comes in brings in half a dozen players without spending much gets them playing decent football, FA cup semi, best season in a long time, biggest turn around for me.

He’s done well mate but better than Pep? Turn it in

Premier league manager of the year is either the winner or someone that’s massively over achieved expectations. Giving it to a buck toothed **** that finished 2nd in a 2 horse race is a fucking joke that devalues the award as totally meaningless. The lma aspect is fair enough but still stupid that it’s voted on so early.

It either goes to the manager whose team have come top or goes to a manager that has ver performed with there teams ........
1 Pep
2 Thomas Frankel
3 David Moyes

to give it to a man whose got away with winning two finals on pens is laughable on the back of a no show last season......... still it keep glory hunting pricks happy so be it

I think there's as much of a case for him underachieving in England as their is for being the bestest in the weerld.

I mean, what's he won domestically? One league, one FA cup and one carabao cup. And that's satisfactory for a team with their playing staff? He could end up with not much more from a decade of working in England, and they'd still be shouting that's he's the best there is.

We must have been bloody good that year we won the domestic treble, matching in just nine months all he has achieved in seven years. I must have missed the fawning articles though I guess.

I don't particularly value these fan and pundit voted awards, but there is having a different opinion and then there is talking populist crap to appease the masses. City bad, Liverpool good, yeah we get it. Just ignore the stats, right?

Really, how is he the PL manager of the year? On which basis? Measurable data says:

Winners - City
Most points - City
Most wins - City
Most goals - City
Highest possession % - City
Most passes completed - City (88,9%, Liverpool 4th)
Most away wins- City

Least goals conceded - City/Liverpool
Least losses - Liverpool (2, City 3)

So, least losses and combined least goals conceded trumps all the other stats?
And isn't it regularly stated how extremely difficult it is to win the title back to back? To come 2nd back to back might have more weight, I assume?
I would actually have had an easier time accepting Howe getting the award, for something else other than the mere performance-based facts. But Klopp outperformed Pep? Really? Why?
Liverpool haven't come 2nd back to back, some team from Trafford were 2nd last season I think you will find.

The reason they seem to give is Klopp kept the premiership Alive chasing us down after being 14 points behind at one point!

I’d give it to Riley he is the one who kept it alive.
I had a look today and Liverpool were never more than 8 points behind us all season. That’s game for game. We spent the first ten or twelve games behind them on points.

I had a look today and Liverpool were never more than 8 points behind us all season. That’s game for game. We spent the first ten or twelve games behind them on points.

They were 14 points behind and had 2 games in hand but that was with about half the season left and why I was pretty pissed of some were saying it was done!

Hey In the end they were

These awards don't mean anything in the overall scheme of things. It's a consolation prize for Klopp. Pep has the Premier League winners medal. I know which one I would rather have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.