Kodi/SPMC

Are they going to shut down Amazon or google or Nvidia for there streaming boxes?
One glance at Amazons army of cut throat lawyers and ACE will just move on to the next target. Big companies will never have to worry imo. Amazon especially due to their business model. They know full well what their firesticks are largely used for. They accept this though as a few will get lazy or otherwise be lured into using prime. Thus they will be well prepared for any angle of legal attack. So well prepared it will be known in the relative circles that making any attempts against them is futile and very expensive.

A couple of years ago fingers were pointed at the firestick in the media and Amazons responsibility. Nothing built up against them and i am sure as i can be a lot of letters and legal threats were sent out by Amazon lawyers. The news against them stopped dead and instead focused on Kodi developers. Almost overnight any association with piracy was stopped in the media. Smaller companies simply do not have that legal power.

One glance at Amazons army of cut throat lawyers and ACE will just move on to the next target. Big companies will never have to worry imo. Amazon especially due to their business model. They know full well what their firesticks are largely used for. They accept this though as a few will get lazy or otherwise be lured into using prime. Thus they will be well prepared for any angle of legal attack. So well prepared it will be known in the relative circles that making any attempts against them is futile and very expensive.

A couple of years ago fingers were pointed at the firestick in the media and Amazons responsibility. Nothing built up against them and i am sure as i can be a lot of letters and legal threats were sent out by Amazon lawyers. The news against them stopped dead and instead focused on Kodi developers. Almost overnight any association with piracy was stopped in the media. Smaller companies simply do not have that legal power.
Another thing is that the mag boxes sole purpose is basically stalker based IPTV and is advertised as such.
The same can't really be said for Android boxes, they are multi purpose instead of being built for IPTV.
I could be wrong but I think stalker based IPTV was pretty much created by infomir as well which would be another way they could be got at legally.
As you note, if they had the resources of Amazon they'd probably be fine as the boxes aren't illegal in themselves it's just they're solely designed for an activity that's largely used for illegal purposes. That said you could accuse seedbox companies of the same and they seem to be doing okay

Urr - i got lazy with the fire stick and havent tried to get it working again in a year or so.

Is there any life out there in streaming land or is it still restricted to those who set up VPNs and other work arounds

Are they going to shut down Amazon or google or Nvidia for there streaming boxes?

I think they may well have already done it?
My KODI app just refuses to launch from the Firestick.
It was working OK last week and I switched off the 'auto updates' in the settings.
Anyone else having the same issues with KODI on an Amazon Firestick?

I think they may well have already done it?
My KODI app just refuses to launch from the Firestick.
It was working OK last week and I switched off the 'auto updates' in the settings.
Anyone else having the same issues with KODI on an Amazon Firestick?

Dont use kodi anymore you get all you need from tv/films apps and the live tv apps plus using a puffin browser with the live footy twitter links.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.