Kola the nutmeg king!

Every couple of months on here we have a thread, "pick your all time best City X1".

I always refuse to answer that question but bang up my favourite City X1. Right now, Willie Donachie is shaking in his boots because his place in my favourite X1 is now under very serious threat.

I am sure most posters remember the day that Southampton came of age in the Premiership by giving us a real kicking down at St Mary's. Lallana running riot and Gareth Barry's shocker of an own goal. Once Kolorov came on and started twatting a few of them they toned it down a bit !

In my eyes, he is as tough as Mike Doyle and as silky on the touchline as Peter Barnes.

As well as being one of our most improved players he's also our new Gareth barry at getting us free kicks out of nothing. Anyone else see Milner do the Kolarov "hands up" move after he committed a foul ? made me laugh anyway.

Didn't notice it today but have noticed before. Couple years back didn't rate Kolorov at all. Now he's one of my favorite player on the squad. Would even go as far as saying as he's one of the top 10 left backs in the world in his current form.

He is also a master at winning free kicks. There are countless occasions where he cleverly stutters on the ball and they barge into his back. Often this happens when we are under pressure so it can be a big help.

As others have said his improvement under Pellers has been astounding. I well recall he was the favourite hate figure on this forum a couple of years ago.

So kudos to him for his perseverance and strong character. Speaking of which I am sure he has a post football career in movies as an Eastern European hitman. He has the stare, that's for sure!

pudge said:
Think he just ran right past Obertan today.

He is fond of the odd nutmeg though

Agree, I think he just dropped his shoulder and passed him on the inside from a standing start.

His trademark is letting his right leg cross the ball before flicking it infield with the inside of his left. Can't believe he's still getting away with it.

Looking leaner this season.

Gabriel said:
pudge said:
Think he just ran right past Obertan today.

He is fond of the odd nutmeg though

Agree, I think he just dropped his shoulder and passed him on the inside from a standing start.

His trademark is letting his right leg cross the ball before flicking it infield with the inside of his left. Can't believe he's still getting away with it.

Looking leaner this season.

but the new tighter shirt made him look buff and even more menacing.

It's that little flick inside with the instep of his trailing left foot he does all the time to beat his man that gets me. He's always done it and I can't work out why the opposition haven't sussed him yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.