Kolarov

An excellent read which brings home how frightening it must have been growing up during that bitter and bloody Balkan conflict. I’ll always have a soft spot for Aleks and said a quick hello to him on Deansgate once. (He does look very intimidating, even when out shopping with his family, but was charm itself, albeit with his trademark scowl, during our brief encounter.) He deserves full recognition for the part he played in our successes: he whipped in many marvellous crosses, scored some cracking - and vital - goals and gave us some memorable off-field moments. He also did a very handy job when ‘converted’ to CB by Pep. It’s also very warming to hear him, as a Roma player now, sing City’s praises and look back so fondly at his time at the Etihad. But, for the sake of balance, I have to add that he sometimes had me screaming with frustration at his lazy jogging back once a move broke down, his failure to pick up his man, leaving our left-sided centre back horribly exposed, and his sometime seemingly nonchalant attitude during games. Still you can’t have everything and I’m sorry he and his team won’t be seen again at this WC.

Great read.
Told by a great player who got some undeserved stick from a part of our fans that simply can’t live without a scapegoat.

so far in the world cup if you looked at some of the best performances Kol would be up there, he is one of few players that looks as though they put more effort in for country than they do for club, bit like rashford !

He gest more of a free role for Serbia and takes the field, at city he was played in a particular position. What I like about the tough guy was you never so him injured, never cam out of a tackle second best. Ok he wasn't world class, but gave his best and could whip a ball in and a free kick second to none and served for quite some years.

Great article to very interesting.

He was a very good player, and was constantly picked by a list of top managers at City.

Don't get me wrong, he did have his off games, but he also played some cracking games for us and was asked to boss the full left side for a number of season, alone (No left wingers really).

I loved him, but think i loved him even more, as even when he played well, he got shit off people who just didn't like him. Same as Dzeko, where some sing his name more now than when he was with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.