Kolarov retires

There used to be a bloke who sat a few seats away from us in the North Stand who would be always giving dog's abuse at certain players, mostly Yaya Toure and Aleks Kolarov. This guy was clearly a connoisseur of his pies and similar comestibles, judging by the size of his gut, so he was obviously more than qualified to offer advice to the elite athletes he was watching on the pitch in front of him..

For example, after giving his all controlling a game for 90 minutes, the wonder of a player that was Yaya would break up an opposition attack on the edge of our box, break away fending off 3 or 4 players in a lung-busting run to try to get off a shot on goal at the other end, then collapse in the attempt. As he'd pick himself up, said fellow Blue would stand up, angrily shouting 'Get back Toure, you lazy bl**der!' etc.

Similarly with Aleks, another fine player, said fellow Blue would be constantly moaning that he was never in the 'right position'; Aleks could break up an attack but then be at fault for not immediately overlapping the wide player he'd just given the ball to; or if he'd crossed at the goal line to set up a chance, the fact that he wasn't instantaneously defending at full-back would send this guy apoplectic with rage, again screaming 'Get up/back you lazy bl**der!' all game at him!

We've been so lucky to have seen all the great players we have had at the club over the past decade and Aleks Kolarov is certainly one of their number. And he wasn't just a good player but well hard too as an enforcer for his team mates.. and every team needs one or two of those, no matter how pretty their football is!

Best wishes to Aleks on his retirement and thanks for everything he's done for our club!

He had a great career. Well done to him. I loved him and at the same time felt he could have been better more often. I got the impression that he was a genuinely nice guy and I wish him all the best for whatever is ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.