Kolarov retires

Loved those incredibly hard, low crosses that no one was ever fast enough to get to. Was also really game to play at left centre back during Pep's first season.

Legend. I had a lot of time for Kolarov. I still can't get that friendly out of my head where Kolarov sprinted the entire pitch like a mad man to help one of the youngsters that was getting picked on.

Was part of the team that won our first trophies of the current era. For that and that alone he'll always be remembered fondly by me. He could be frustrating at times but he was a class above Bridge and Garrido, who he replaced, and better than Mendy who eventually replaced him. He shared that left side with Clichy for years and they were both great professionals who I have lots of happy memories of.

Think he did a brilliant job of turning his time at City around after the end of the 12/13 season, when Clichy was clearly the preferred option. I remember him having that full-on shouting match with some fans in the Colin Bell Stand and coming away from that game thinking his time at City was up. But he had his best ever season under Pellegrini the following year and won his place back. That took guts, in my opinion.

Shame we never saw him blast one high into the goal from distance. He tried it a few times and got pretty close - I even remember him hitting the bar on a couple of occasions - but all the ones that went in seemed to be daisy cutters, including that really crucial one against Sunderland to make it 3-3 at the end of the 2012 season. Shame he didn't stay a bit longer under Pep. Wish him all the best.

Was part of the team that won our first trophies of the current era. For that and that alone he'll always be remembered fondly by me. He could be frustrating at times but he was a class above Bridge and Garrido, who he replaced, and better than Mendy who eventually replaced him. He shared that left side with Clichy for years and they were both great professionals who I have lots of happy memories of.

Think he did a brilliant job of turning his time at City around after the end of the 12/13 season, when Clichy was clearly the preferred option. I remember him having that full-on shouting match with some fans in the Colin Bell Stand and coming away from that game thinking his time at City was up. But he had his best ever season under Pellegrini the following year and won his place back. That took guts, in my opinion.

Shame we never saw him blast one high into the goal from distance. He tried it a few times and got pretty close - I even remember him hitting the bar on a couple of occasions - but all the ones that went in seemed to be daisy cutters, including that really crucial one against Sunderland to make it 3-3 at the end of the 2012 season. Shame he didn't stay a bit longer under Pep. Wish him all the best.
He's not a mark on Sylvinho though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.