Kolarov retires

Everybody hated him & slagged him rotten on here but now he's retired everybody says he was great.

Nope. A good lad, who had one hell of a free kick on him, and cared as much as any of the class of 2011-12 about City. I was only annoyed with him in his last season with us, I think under Pellegrini, when he was no longer interested, and didn't bother to hide it (Southampton away is a disagreeable memory). But hey, that happens. I wish him well, as I do absolutely everybody who took part in that epoch-making season.

Southampton away is a disagreeable memory
Only Iheanacho came out of that match with credit, all the rest were crap.

It wasn't Kolarov's final season, he played quite well under Pep for one season as a stand-in CB.

I hope he enjoys his retirement, the equaliser against Sunderland and that free-kick at Leicester in the League Cup will always be good memories.

Plenty rated Kolarov and plenty couldn’t stand him. There was a low point for the Kolarov haters when Aleks got man of the match in a game and thousands of Bkues responded chanting, “There’s only one Jimmy Milner” Both players had fine games on the days but many “Blues” were obsessed with the guy who was going to leave on a free transfer and over celebrate a goal against us.
I remember on one tour, one of our young lads, maybe George someone, put in a bit of a feisty tackle (for a friendly anyway) and the opposition all started having a go at the young, from memory, only Kolarov came to his rescue and fucked them all off, was great to see.

Was he actually hard though? Has he ever done anything that would consider him a hard man than just a footballer with a dead-pan face who sometimes stood up to another opponent looking at him scarily?

I remember someone asking him about if he’d win a fight against X,Y and Z, and Kolarov responding that he’s not a fighter.

Was he actually hard though? Has he ever done anything that would consider him a hard man than just a footballer with a dead-pan face who sometimes stood up to another opponent looking at him scarily?

I remember someone asking him about if he’d win a fight against X,Y and Z, and Kolarov responding that he’s not a fighter.
He protected the youngsters if any player started on them , doubt he was an actual fighter

He protected the youngsters if any player started on them , doubt he was an actual fighter
Yeah I get that, and that’s top. I just think people on here think it’s cool to say what a hard nut he was.

I guess compared to Wayne Bridge, he was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.