Kolarov - unfair criticism?

bluetonium

Was unfortunately away at the weekend, and so ended up listening to talksport to find out what was going on. Seemed to be at least a couple of guys calling or texting in to say Kolarov was our weak link and should be replaced immediately (though no alternatives were suggested by these guys I noted). Presenter seems to agree too (no idea who he was, but he seemed more intent on starting a 'debate' with anyone than actually presenting, by means of which he just called the other presenters whole PoV on life and love into question on the basis that it gave him wind or something).

Having since watched a good part of the match on Football First, I got the impression that Kolarov had a very good game? Certainly he was very unlucky to be sent off, especially with Muamba committing the same kind of tackle 6 times that I counted, but that aside he seemed to get forward very well, as was called for on the day, and defended quite well too against an in-form right winger in Chun-Li from Streetfighter.

My only criticism would be that his set piece taking was not the best at times, and he should have gone across the keeper for that chance late on.

Acknowledging that talksport is not the greatest source for footy facts and opinions, but can anyone who was at the match confirm? Am I right in thinking this criticism is unfair? Did he in fact have a decent game?

Other than that, gutted I missed it. Thought Bolton at home would be a safe bet to miss and take the missus away for her Birthday. Still have that 0-1 defeat under Pearce etched into the darkest corner of my soul. If there is a Purgatory, surely that match was it. But good to see things were different this time.

He was fantastic, great surging runs and overlapped fantastically, should have scored.

He got sold short by Yaya for his first Yellow and second was probably about right, certainly not a weak link.

He got skinned a couple of times, but other than that, the criticism is very unfair. He wasn't at his best, but it was hardly a poor performance.

Good to hear. Looks like Zabs had a great game too, and Kompany too. Rag at work commented that he thinks Slur Alex should sign up VK as the next Rio. A compliment I guess, but I just reminded him they already have Jay Smalling for that :)

He had a decent game but still looks to be either not quite match fit or lacking overall pace. Got caught out of position a couple of times and his set pieces weren't the best.

He was really unlucky to be sent off with Marriner just looking for an excuse to get the cards out for our boys.

Given time i reckon this lad will be a steady top 4 left back and lets face it even if he only had one leg, he's still 10 times the player Bridge is!!

Rags posing as blues. Must be! I've been extremely impressed with his general play so far, and I'll bet he's still five games away from being fully match fit and sharp after his injury!

I thought it was probably his worst game for us so far but he was far from bad. There was no "weak link" against Bolton.

Weak link my arse. His problem was that he tired but this is expected considering he's not got a great run of games under his belt and is adapting to the rpem. The first challege in particluar he was a bit slow getting to it, but it as only due to fatigue

bluetonium said:
Good to hear. Looks like Zabs had a great game too, and Kompany too. Rag at work commented that he thinks Slur Alex should sign up VK as the next Rio. A compliment I guess, but I just reminded him they already have Jay Smalling for that :)

The rags really need a reality check. They are in no possition to take players from us. Why the f*ck would we sell him and why the f*ck would he go???
Those days are gone. I hope you laughed in his face.

He played well enough in my eyes , as did most of the others ......

some of that first half team play was the best i've seen from any City side since the days of Lee , Bell and Summerbee ... and it was argueably as good as the stuff they produced , albeit with a less effective end result in terms of chances actually taken.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.