Kolarov v Clichy v Azpilicueta (The Stats)

• Thread starter Deleted member 58619
  • Start date
D D

Deleted member 58619

Kolarov v Clichy is often discussed on the board here

Clichy (LHS) v Kolarov (RHS) (The Stats)

For me Kolarov is definitely the superior player and the statistics would certainly reflect that.

The heat map shows that Kolarov plays on average about 10 - 15m further froward than Clichy
2mgmj4o.gif

The Creatity Index shows that Kolarov is much more creative and a superior threat to Kolarov.
Kolarov supplied 7 assists last season compared to 0 from Clichy.
Getting on the score sheet once in the league and 4 goals in total all competitions.
This is a good return considering the amount of game time he shares at LB.

t6bhgm.gif

Statistically Clichy is better from involvement perspective; possession - retaining the ball; completing more successful dribbles and a better Mins Per Touch & Mins Per Pass ratio.

xpxx77.gif

It is clear that Kolarov has a much stronger Goal Threat, attempt a goal approximately 40 minutes.
Clichy has an amazing distribution level; 91.3% successful passes in Final Third, I think the stats show Kolarov takes more risks, takes more crosses and has better assists and crossing.

Kolarov is obviously much stronger at set pieces and the stats show this
v58gfs.gif

Probably nothing new here but proves Clichy is a good left back (excelling at Defending and retaining possesion)

I believe that Kolarov is a great left back, we should be thankful we have such an amazing player in our ranks.

Kolarov v Azpilicueta

wow Kolarov is so much stronger statistically that Azpilicueta

2w232tc.gif

10xqy61.gif

2mrzkw2.gif

2gubcpw.gif

Yeah it is as you say but I thought some would find the statistics of interest

I would play Kolarov more regularly in the League and use Clichy in cup competitions and Champions League Group games

Not interested in stats. Clichy for the hard games, kolorov the easy ones. Perfect rotation.

At the moment Kolarov is top but Clichy has shown signs of revival in pre season and has been a revelation in that right back position and hopefully it is a sign of him getting back to his very best.

No one cares about Azpilicueta.

I look at it as Kolarov will win us points while Clichy will save us points. We are really blessed to have them both and I love that Kolarov spent last season making a lot of moaners look like fools (which admitedly Demi did to me)

Didsbury Dave said:
Not interested in stats. Clichy for the hard games, kolorov the easy ones. Perfect rotation.

Kolarov should be starting difficult home games, he has the potential to do something special and crack a defence (see United 4-1). I agree Clichy is more solid in terms of defending on the ground and ball retention, but I think the bolder option is Kolarov.

Puppet Master Silva said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Kolarov should be starting difficult home games, he has the potential to do something special and crack a defence (see United 4-1). I agree Clichy is more solid in terms of defending on the ground and ball retention, but I think the bolder option is Kolarov.

United's an easy game :P.

Credit to the poster for such a thorough review but it is quite obvious that Clichy is better defensively and at retaining possession whilst Kolarov provides much more attacking intent and width to the side. In tougher games Kolarov can leave large gaps in behind, whilst Clichy prefers to play for the midfielder overlapping etc.

THis season a really interesting comparison will be Sagna v Zabaleta. Both are fantastic players, it is hard to know which will provide the most in attack/defence - Sagna is probably more of a goal threat but overall there is little to tell between them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.