Kompany’s Mustang for sale.

No, I've seen one, but not been in one, and I've heard they're well rapid. I have a mate who picks up and delivers cars all
over the country, whenever he picks up an electric car in say, Plymouth to take to Newcastle, he says each and every one
only gets him about 150 miles, mostly less, before it needs charging, he then needs to arrange a stop to recharge it.
All in all, apparently, this flaw is a real ballache for him, he hates the fucking things, understandably, but he did say they're
very quick, and they aren't Teslas, as far as I know.
I know the range on most of them is crap in real-world use. Not the Teslas though apparently, which you genuinely can get a couple of hundred or more miles out of. The other thing I did not realise is that the Tesla charging points and those for other EVs are not compatible. A bloke I now runs a airport transfers limo business and he's looked at maybe getting an Audi E-Tron. He had one on loan for the weekend, to try it out, and said he absolutely loved the car itself in ever way. But that the whole charging experience is a nightmare - charging points not compatible or desperately slow, or not working or being used. What would be a 30 minute journey taking 3 hours trawling around to find a charging point that works, and waiting a hour for a 40% top up to get home.

Unless you're just pootling to the shops, I don't think most of this tech is ready yet. There's talk about it never being the answer and most of the big manufacturers are also working on hydrogen as the next big thing.

I recently drove a Mustang 3400 miles across america and it was hands down the most fun i've ever had in a car.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.