Kompany (do we need to find a replacement? )

Am I the only one who is slightly encouraged that it isnt a muscle strain and is something that any player would have probably got in the same circumstances. Just rotten luck, rather than his body failing this time IMO. If it was yet another muscle strain I think I would go along with the doom merchants.
The problem is that a medial ligament injury destabilises the entire knee and makes it extremely difficult to keep the calf and hamstring muscles in shape. Hopefully we ease him back in and take plenty of time to get the muscles back in shape after the recovery period.

The problem is that a medial ligament injury destabilises the entire knee and makes it extremely difficult to keep the calf and hamstring muscles in shape. Hopefully we ease him back in and take plenty of time to get the muscles back in shape after the recovery period.

Thats not the point I was making, more that it wasnt his historical problems that have caused this issue.

Yes, and for good reason, 1 played there a few times 7 years ago, and his team won the CL when he did, not him, the other played there on Saturday, and did a decent job, so forgive me thinking the one from Saturday is probably a better option.

Ok I forgive you. And he's not my favourite player but he was ok. And we won so good.
Honestly, moving on......

Kolarov has rarely played well in any game throughout his entire city career. Constantly caught out of position, terrible at defending the back post, cant tackle, doesn't stop crosses coming in and is so one footed he loses possession cause he cant turn inside to give a pass with his right foot so instead plays a more dangerous pass or gets tackled (he idd this twice at weekend at least). On top of that constantly beaten for pace in one on ones (Zaha made him look stupid putting him on his backside at least once at weekend)...the guy is defensive liability.

To get praise he would have to learn how to defend.
Exactly, there was one moment early in the game Saturday where he was beaten for pace and he just strolled back with no effort. It was shocking.

Does someone have a doll of Vinnie and keeps sticking pins in him whenever it looks like he if fit to play? The guy just cannot shake off the injury jinx. I expect we'll be looking at cover in the January window as we cannot continue with the limited resources we have.

Knee must have swelled like fuck after the game.

Love Vin but with his record he'll have to be a squad player I think now, Pep either through vin's injuries or bad luck can't afford to build the defence around him.

Hopefully he'll recover but he may end up 3rd/4th choice if and I really hope he does stay with us that's assuming there's a squad place for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.