Kompany - front and centre

Esteban de la Sexface

I wasn't at the parade last night, owing to logistical reasons, but Vinny looks to have led the celebrations and seems to be front and centre, in interviews and parading the trophy on the bus. He has just won player of the year, deservedly, he is articulate and seems to have taken Manchester City to his heart.

Possibly the only upshot of Carlos leaving would be us getting a natural leader as club captain..

Incidentally, I think it is fairly ominous that the club had to warn our club captain to show up to the celebrations. I fear he is off.

100% correct. I've been thinking the same a lot recently and wanted to start a thread but can't yet.

Effectively the club seem to managing a transition between Tevez and Kompany as the playing figure head at the club. It seems to me that Carlos is set to leave, with Kompany having emerged as his successor (and better) now being put forward more.

I was lucky enough to be at the End of Season awards on Sunday night and it was the same there - Kompany being centre of attention. He now appears along side Tevez with the cup and is even doing the press conferences.

Losing Tevez aside, I would welcome Kompany becoming captain and leader. The players all look up to him; the fans love him; he performs consistently and often outstandingly; he is eloquent and clearly a leader.

He's emerged this season as our leading player and a leader, giving that speech at half time during the Semi which apparently pushed the lads on. This is something Tevez, from the outside, appears to lack. I think City will benefit hugely if Kompany is installed officially in the role he already seems to occupy.<br /><br />-- Tue May 24, 2011 10:37 am --<br /><br />... which means Tevez is leaving this summer, I think.

If he doesn't, he's set for a reduced role because he wants away.

Weaver's Goat said:
100% correct. I've been thinking the same a lot recently and wanted to start a thread but can't yet.

Effectively the club seem to managing a transition between Tevez and Kompany as the playing figure head at the club. It seems to me that Carlos is set to leave, with Kompany having emerged as his successor (and better) now being put forward more.

I was lucky enough to be at the End of Season awards on Sunday night and it was the same there - Kompany being centre of attention. He now appears along side Tevez with the cup and is even doing the press conferences.

Losing Tevez aside, I would welcome Kompany becoming captain and leader. The players all look up to him; the fans love him; he performs consistently and often outstandingly; he is eloquent and clearly a leader.

He's emerged this season as our leading player and a leader, giving that speech at half time during the Semi which apparently pushed the lads on. This is something Tevez, from the outside, appears to lack. I think City will benefit hugely if Kompany is installed officially in the role he already seems to occupy.

-- Tue May 24, 2011 10:37 am --

... which means Tevez is leaving this summer, I think.

If he doesn't, he's set for a reduced role because he wants away.

Basically, Carlos was put forward as club captain to appease him. He has been our most important player for the last two seasons, unquestionably. I'd have to question putting him forward as club captain again if he does stay though, he doesn't speak the language, and has consistently been in the media looking for an escape route, whether this is down to his advisor or not, remains to be seen.

Best of both worlds would be to instate Vinny to his rightful position and have a happy Carlos at the club next season. I just can't see it happening. Full credit will be due to the management and officials if they manage to pull it off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.