Kompany involved in consortium to buy Stockport County?

I have long suggested that CFG buy a local non league club - don't change the name but play them as effectively the "B" team like Barca/Real/Bayern have.

Obviously we have the links with Girona where Peps brother "owns" the club and we lend them players, maybe Vinnie is the face of us doing something similar with County. County are lower then they should be in the league pyramid, so it would benefit us and their long suffering fans.

RE: Stockport. It's always been my understanding that south Manchester types moved further south when that side of the city became geared up for students or a bit gentrified. Stockport being a leafier place to raise the children etc. I've heard Manc accents in Derbyshire etc.

No different to Cockneys in Milton Keynes or Peterborough.

there are lots of mancs in stockport, but it has its own accent, slightly similar to a manc one. its not manchester though, its own town, with its own history/population. just like salford, wigan, oldham....

M.E.N is running this as a story today.

The comment from SCFC spokesman seems....interesting in it's vagueness.

It doesn't say if it's his own consortium or whether it could even be a long term plan to get a City B team into the league (not sure that would be allowed?)

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...nt-kompany-stockport-county-takeover-14723931

Can still see Megson slyly conducting the County fans slagging off of City when they beat us 3 - 1.... was sat a few rows behind him as was in corporate that day.

Megsons a piece of shit and I hope County stay down there for years to come.

Friday night is County night and me and other blues used to go and support them. The first chance they got to belittle us they took it.

Go, Go, Go County............Just go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.