Kompany or Thiago Silva

MillionDollarDream

Having a bit of a heated discussion at the moment on twitter about who is better between the two.

The only counter so far is that Thiago Silva is just better, and he justifies his price tag. To me that isn't enough to convince me that a Thiago Silva is a better defender than a 100% healthy Vincent Kompany
Thoughts?

Apologies if there's already a thread for this, if so please merge.

Good question, personally haven't seen enough of Silva but most people say he's the best defender in the world.

MillionDollarDream said:
Having a bit of a heated discussion at the moment on twitter about who is better between the two.

The only counter so far is that Thiago Silva is just better, and he justifies his price tag. To me that isn't enough to convince me that a Thiago Silva is a better defender than a 100% healthy Vincent Kompany
Thoughts?

Apologies if there's already a thread for this, if so please merge.
anyone who confronts you with this just ask how much Vinny cost us and whether we got more bang for buck for any player in our history

Difficult to judge as one player we watch every week the other, at the most, monthly highlights for the majority. I do think Kompany is the one city player who can sit at the top table of elite players but whether he is as good as Silva I do not know. Hopefully at the forthcoming World Cup and the latter stages of the Champs league the likes of Silva, Kompany Aguero are amongst the best players and then the continual Blue Moon comparisons and accompanying blue tinted perspectives can be resigned to history.

As much as I hate it when people use this phrase, but Thiago Silva really hasn't proven anything at a top level. He's looked great in a second rate Serie ! and a 3rd rate Ligue 1, but I can't honestly put him ahead of Kompany when he has never played in a top league. He really doesn't look like he could deal with the physciality of the PL. That being said, I'd welcome him to come here and partner Vinny and prove how good he is!

Another comparison thread.
Give it a rest .Do we have to compare every city player with who ever under the sun?
WTF

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.