Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

Bloke can do what he likes

Manchester-City-Manchester-United-Vincent-Kompany-Premiere-league%20cropped

r89V54@facebook.gif

Reminds me a bit of Roberto Martinez. Plays 'nice football' so gets a big job despite not having the results to back it up. I love Vinny, but this is a bizarre decision from Bayern. I honestly reckon it's because they've just been schooled by a new, inexperienced manager who used to be a top player, so they think that the solution is to get their own.

The Pep effect is huge. Kompany would never get the job if he didn't play under Pep (he did really well in the championship though). It's a tough job, because the Bayern board can be extremely toxic and handling the locker room of Bayern might not be easy (especially for a relatively unproved manager). They are really banking on Kompany being an Arteta (Pep-like, but clearly not as good).

Rather them than us. I didn't find his management of Burnley this year impressive in the slightest.
Maybe we should follow their lead, bin Pep and appoint an up and coming manager of our own? Give Rob Edwards a call. He did an arguably better job in his first stint as a PL manager. But no, because that’s not how to run a big club.

I hope I’m wrong for his sake as a City legend but I can’t see him succeeding because he hasn’t got the experience of dealing with top class players at a huge club.

We all knew Mark Hughes was on borrowed time once we were taken over. He’d done well with Wales and Blackburn but that was it.

What a strange move…

Arteta had no managerial experience!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.