Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

Can’t deny it’s a huge surprise and probably a (brave?) gamble for both Kompany and Bayern. Pretty sure both sides have had conversations with Pep, asking his advise.

Language won’t be a problem (hardly is in football imo). But taking some of his staffmembers with him might because I somehow doubt their knowledge of the German language and football itself.

It will be interesting to see how Kompany manage good football players and how these players perform by his vision on football.

To add a subjective mote: I really dislike Bayern and every arrogant aspect that goes with it, and I love Kompany.

I’m not so shocked. Bayern are obviously in a pretty desperate situation, having been knocked back by Alonso, Klopp, Nagelsmann, Rangnick, Tuchel … Going for Kompany is a gamble, but I don’t see it as much more of a risk than any of the others that have been mentioned in this second-tier of possibles (Pochettino, De Zerbi, Ten Haag etc.). They’re obviously hoping he will be their Alonso.
He did a great job getting Burnley promoted when they weren’t fancied at all. This season didn’t go well, but they were always going to struggle. Of course he could, maybe should, have been more pragmatic, but he stuck to the principles he believes in - and I’m sure that commitment to those principles will have been a pull factor for Bayern. Beyond that, he ticks a lot of boxes - impressive character, great standing in the game, will command respect in the dressing room, speaks German. And has the Pep factor which everyone wants.
Will be a tough job but wish him well.

Football and is operators never cease to amaze me.

Get Burnley relegated at end up at one of the world's top clubs, incredible Jim.
Same with Chelsea considering McKenna. Ok he’s not relegated anyone yet but even two promotions on the trot shouldn’t earn you a gig at a top club, and yet here we are.

Some clubs’ goings on just reaffirm how lucky we are to have who we have running the show.

Same with Chelsea considering McKenna. Ok he’s not relegated anyone yet but even two promotions on the trot shouldn’t earn you a gig at a top club, and yet here we are.

Some clubs’ goings on just reaffirm how lucky we are to have who we have running the show.
On Chelsea there is something very wrong with the people funding that club.

There is no way that is honestly made money, no one makes such bad decisions spending their own money.

Last edited:
Can’t deny it’s a huge surprise and probably a (brave?) gamble for both Kompany and Bayern. Pretty sure both sides have had conversations with Pep, asking his advise.

Language won’t be a problem (hardly is in football imo). But taking some of his staffmembers with him might because I somehow doubt their knowledge of the German language and football itself.

It will be interesting to see how Kompany manage good football players and how these players perform by his vision on football.

To add a subjective mote: I really dislike Bayern and every arrogant aspect that goes with it, and I love Kompany.
Nothing brave about Kompany accepting it, he would be a fool to turn it down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.