Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

Lampard failed at Chelsea, Gerrard failed at Villa, Rooney failed at Birmingham City…

I’d also not realised how many other managers had turned them down. It’s hardly as if he’s first choice. They’re in a poor place as a club and he hasn’t got the experience.

I wish Vinny well but in reality it's a punt by Munich who seem to be in disarray like the rags and Chelsea. Another club that believes it has a god given right to be at the top forever but football doesn't work like that.

I wish Vinny well but in reality it's a punt by Munich who seem to be in disarray like the rags and Chelsea. Another club that believes it has a god given right to be at the top forever but football doesn't work like that.
They tend to have periods of chaos then seasons of dominance. Maybe Honess can bump the tax man again and pony up more cash for players

Genuinely, I wish him the very best. Obviously, Bayern has ran out of choices and only a young coach like Vinnie is willing to take the plunge. He's got his work cut out him though. Tough and fickle board to deal with. Plus, he has to reign in the likes of Muller and Kimmich, seniors who have been there too long and think they run the squad. Hopefully, it's not one step too far for him.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Vinnie's chances. I think most Burnley fans have only nice things to say about him. We've all seen his football style, maybe higher quality players are what he needs. He'd be able to link up with Sane again, and I'm sure Kane will be familiar with him.

He was part of Pep’s back room team at City. Didn’t you know?

Guarantee almost all these pro-Kompany views are because he’s a City legend. Had he played for Chelsea then you’d be mocking it.

He spent a fortune at Burnley and still took them down because he was too stubborn to change his playing style.
He spent a fortune at Burnley as he won promotion with a load of loan players and had to but to strengthen his squad.
His playing style will be less of a problem at Bayern as they already have some decent players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.