Kompany to sign one year contract ... on reduced salary ?

Not taking issue with your view. Just saying I suspect the club will look at the raw financial with him.
We don't normally sell players esp of his age,aleks is the only one i can recall and that was for a nominal fee,to replace him would cost way over what we would get for him,we tend to let the contract run it's course

We don't normally sell players esp of his age,aleks is the only one i can recall and that was for a nominal fee,to replace him would cost way over what we would get for him,we tend to let the contract run it's course

Dzeko? Bony? Nolito? Nasri? Fernando?

City sell people they don't want.

You have a point but no-one has said we don't want him

Totally true. That's why I say it's a matter of how he feels on the one hand, and how much other clubs are prepared to offer on the other. We shall see. I doubt very much they're pushing him out of the door.

Stones, Laporte, Otamendi, Kompany, Garcia and Mangala are the centre-backs we currently have on the books. As of next season we'll likely have sold Otamendi and replaced him with another CB. Kompany will be in reserve, second or third choice.

Woah! What!? Are we selling Otamendi?

He only signed a contract extension last season didn't he? I would be surprised if we let him leave. He may not be first choice but he is a great backup. We need players like him. I hope we do not sell him.

I can see Zinchenko and Bravo being put out. I can see Delph wanting to leave. But that is all I can see leaving.

Kompany shares - as good as a testimonial sum for the club legend. I won't bat an eyelid, quality contribution over the years. Salut Chefe!

Would be the ideal situation for all parties. He's a few years away from retirement yet and when fit he's still a phenomenal player that fits into our style well and above all else a leader who can up the game of everyone else around him in big games when that leadership is needed.

At the same time, his injury record means he's no longer a key figure and therefore he can't be a top earner for the balance of the squad wage hierarchy. Kompany comes across as a realist, he knows he can't play every a game and we need somebodywith experience in the game and with the style of play who is willing to play backup who also has the quality our team and style demands, thats an almost impossible set of requirements to meet but kompany fits them all, we would be mental to allow him to leave and bring in somebody else who will fall short in at least one of the qualities.

Nobody wants to see vinny go, vinny doesnt want to go,I see this as the biggest no brainer going. A year by year rolling contract from now on until somebody decides it's no longer mutually beneficial.
Rational. Sensible. We'll put. Vinny not here for money. He's made for life. He wants to be here and that is worthy of massive respect. A truly decent human being.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.