Kompany

daxman said:
sir baconface said:
robbieh said:
As I said on a previous post, not that anyone bothered replying, someone should get Kompany to an allergy/intolerance testing clinic asap. He may well be Gluten intolerant like Novak Djokovic, and this is why he is always injuring himself.

Perhaps they are leaving it to City's medics to get back to you.
Lol~

Yeah right, and doctors know everything. When it comes to food intolerances they generally know doodly squat. Whether City's medical team are any more enlightened I have no idea.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-citys-vincent-kompany-could-2348268" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ld-2348268</a>?

Manchester City's Vincent Kompany could only be out two weeks with latest injury

Captain has a low-level thigh strain not a recurrence of August's groin problem and may be fit after the international break

Vincent Kompany has handed Manchester City a major injury boost, as he could be back in action within a fortnight.

Captain Kompany came off injured in the first half of City’s 3-1 Premier League win over Everton at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday.

It was feared the Blues' skipper had suffered a recurrence of an groin problem suffered in the season opener which sidelined him for a month, but a scan revealed it to be a low-level thigh strain.

Kompany will miss Belgium’s games against Croatia and Wales over the next eight days, but will be assessed again in a week by City’s medical staff.

City are hopeful their skipper will be declared fit for a run of four away games in a row - against West Ham, CSKA Moscow, Chelsea and Newcastle - which begins on October 19.

The Champions League clash with CSKA is set to go ahead in the Russian capital after issues with the pitch at the Arena Khimki forced the Russians to move their previous group match to St Petersburg.

Falastur said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-citys-vincent-kompany-could-2348268?

Manchester City's Vincent Kompany could only be out two weeks with latest injury

Captain has a low-level thigh strain not a recurrence of August's groin problem and may be fit after the international break

Vincent Kompany has handed Manchester City a major injury boost, as he could be back in action within a fortnight.

Captain Kompany came off injured in the first half of City’s 3-1 Premier League win over Everton at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday.

It was feared the Blues' skipper had suffered a recurrence of an groin problem suffered in the season opener which sidelined him for a month, but a scan revealed it to be a low-level thigh strain.

Kompany will miss Belgium’s games against Croatia and Wales over the next eight days, but will be assessed again in a week by City’s medical staff.

City are hopeful their skipper will be declared fit for a run of four away games in a row - against West Ham, CSKA Moscow, Chelsea and Newcastle - which begins on October 19.

The Champions League clash with CSKA is set to go ahead in the Russian capital after issues with the pitch at the Arena Khimki forced the Russians to move their previous group match to St Petersburg.
please be true.

robbieh said:
As I said on a previous post, not that anyone bothered replying, someone should get Kompany to an allergy/intolerance testing clinic asap. He may well be Gluten intolerant like Novak Djokovic, and this is why he is always injuring himself.
How does that have any effect? I'm intolerant to Gluten and I don't see how it can make any difference to physical exercise.

.allan said:
robbieh said:
How does that have any effect? I'm intolerant to Gluten and I don't see how it can make any difference to physical exercise.

My 30 year old niece had rheumatoid arthritis and was on extremely strong pain killers. 2 months gluten free, no pain, no RA. Gluten does not just cause problems for the digestive system. Many other bodily systems are affected. Including muscular/skeletal.

robbieh said:
.allan said:
robbieh said:

My 30 year old niece had rheumatoid arthritis and was on extremely strong pain killers. 2 months gluten free, no pain, no RA. Gluten does not just cause problems for the digestive system. Many other bodily systems are affected. Including muscular/skeletal.
Fair enough, can't say I have had any experience of muscular/skeletal pain through exercise previous to my diagnosis. If anything I am more injury prone now.

I'd guess Gluten may contribute towards an acidic environment within the body which can then lead to inflammation within tissue and subsequent illness or injury.
However,i would also suggest food intolerance tests would be a standard procedure for all players - I reckon you can sleep easy Robbie.....

robbieh said:
.allan said:
robbieh said:

I think we should try everything and leave no stone unturned so test him for the fcuking lot I say,we need him.

I know its selfish but if he misses national team games Im pleased,he will get a rest while he recovers.

sam-caddick said:
laserblue said:
SSN are reporting he's out for a month which takes in 6 games - West Ham & Chelsea away, Norwich at home, Newcastle in the C1C and both games against CSKA Moscow. Bad news if accurate,

I just hope we are OK for the CL, if we don't get at least 4 points from Moscow it could be goodnight Vienna again for us in the CL.

By the time Moscow play Bayern, Bayern will have qualified so why would they send a full team out to Moscow?

All of this calculation is based on Bayern and Manchester City winning all matches against Plzen...

I do not think that 12 points make a secure group win. Not at that time. That would mean that nobody out of Moskau and your team would have 6 points after four matches. That will only happen if you would draw both matches against them.

If you loose both matches Moscow would have 9 points - and could go on 15 if they would win the rest of the matches. That would mean that Bayern would be secure in the final stages after match day 4 (6 points against Plzen required - you could only get 9) but that they would have to get at least one point against Moskow to secure the first rank in the group at matchday 5 or a better loss than in Munich and a win at the last matchday.

If you win both matches the table after 4 match days would be like this (6 points of Bayern against Plzen required): Bayern 12, ManCity 9, Moscow 3, Plzen 0

Bayern would be in the final stages - but ManCity still would have the chance to win the group. If Bayern draws or looses in Moscow only a win in Munich would be needed (a draw is not enough because of the direct matches - with a loss in Moscow Bayern and City would have 12 points prior to matchday 6, with a draw in Moscow Bayern would have 13, Manchester 12). If Bayern wins in Moscow Manchester would have to win in Munich with atleast 3:1 (than the other results would count) - to be sure with a 3:0 or a 4:2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.