Kompany

Blueband Brother said:
I certainly do not know what systems are in place at the club and I am only giving my opinion.
Borussia Dortmund has 10 players injured at the moment. Arsenal had around 11 players injured together at some point at the beginning of the season. So either there is something systemically wrong with football medics or its just bad luck. Either ways, nothing wrong with our medical team.

Blueband Brother said:
notreallyhere said:
Blueband Brother said:
If Dimechelis comes back soon enough then the negative impact of Kompany's absence may be alleviates somewhat.

Personally I think there should be an internal review or audit by the Manchester City healthcare staff to evaluate the protocols and practices in-order to find better ways of preempting and providing care to the players. This may include systematic regular checkups, player education, prophylactic protocols and improved facilities for detection of muscle, ligament and tissue weakness or injury. The injuries particularly to defenders over the past 18 months have been consistent enough to raise eyebrows and at least trigger an investigation.

It may just be misfortune of-course or an unfortunate reality of scare tissue formation which increases the chances and in some cases almost guarantees re- injuries but I want every stone overturned.

I hope kompany can have access to the kind of help that will sort this out once and for all.

You don't think the club already do all of these things, honestly??

In light of the current injury record, the club or even the medical staff should have a review of the systems in place at the club.

I certainly do not know what systems are in place at the club and I am only giving my opinion.

yours is a good post.

if the club are already doing everything they can to identify weakness in certain players and correct it, great. i would imagine they are.

as with the old **** at the scum who uses yoga actions should be taken to alleviate where possible these injuries by any method.

FredTilson said:
Blueband Brother said:
Borussia Dortmund has 10 players injured at the moment. Arsenal had around 11 players injured together at some point at the beginning of the season. So either there is something systemically wrong with football medics or its just bad luck. Either ways, nothing wrong with our medical team.

Of course there is nothing wrong with the medical team but reviews and audits are carried out in all professions and fields of practice. I am not saying they should change the medical team, I am calling for a systematic reaction to the recent injury record by the medical staff and the club.

Blueband Brother said:
Personally I think there should be an internal review or audit by the Manchester City healthcare staff to evaluate the protocols and practices in-order to find better ways of preempting and providing care to the players. This may include systematic regular checkups, player education, prophylactic protocols and improved facilities for detection of muscle, ligament and tissue weakness or injury. The injuries particularly to defenders over the past 18 months have been consistent enough to raise eyebrows and at least trigger an investigation.

It may just be misfortune of-course or an unfortunate reality of scare tissue formation which increases the chances and in some cases almost guarantees re- injuries but I want every stone overturned.

I hope kompany can have access to the kind of help that will sort this out once and for all.
I agree. Kompany has been out four times with muscle injuries of some sort recently, he's becoming unreliable.<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:39 am --<br /><br />
oakiecokie said:
Fuck me I never knew Blue Moon had so many different people working in/as Pharmacy,Dieticians,Consultants,GP`s,Haematology,and fucking quacks !!!!!.
Think some of you people need to send your C.V.`s to Manchester City Football Club if you think you know better than those professional people already employed in the above areas.
How many times have you heard of a football club getting it wrong or rushing back a player too soon? It's not uncommon, at all. How many times have managers sacked their medical staff? This is also not uncommon.

MEN.

Thigh strain.

Nothing to do with his previous injury.

Should be back for Chelsea.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/vincent-kompany-injury-boost-manchester-6154067" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... er-6154067</a>

The old adage of never let the facts get in the way of a good story should be applied to most people on this thread.

FACT: VK's current injury is not a recurrence of his previous groin injury
FACT: Nobody bar the Belgian manager has mentioned VK being out for four weeks
FACT: Nobody with any medical knowledge of the injury has put a timescale on his return

Can we all stop being keyboard warriors and start dealing in facts on this board and not hysterical reactions and hyberbole!

Eds said:
The old adage of never let the facts get in the way of a good story should be applied to most people on this thread.

FACT: Nobody with any medical knowledge of the injury has put a timescale on his return

Can we all stop being keyboard warriors and start dealing in facts on this board and not hysterical reactions and hyberbole!

May as well close BM down then!

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
oakiecokie said:
Fuck me I never knew Blue Moon had so many different people working in/as Pharmacy,Dieticians,Consultants,GP`s,Haematology,and fucking quacks !!!!!.
Think some of you people need to send your C.V.`s to Manchester City Football Club if you think you know better than those professional people already employed in the above areas.

To be fair those "medical professionals" employed by the club seem to be clueless with regards to Vinnie!!

He was out best part of three months last season.

This season is only a matter of a couple of months old and already he's been out 4 or 5 weeks and now faces another 4 weeks out. Will this be his last injury this season......of course not!!

I foresee (not hindsight this) he will be missing at least another 10 weeks on top of this latest injury, easy!!

What we can do about it I'm not sure......? Make do and mend I suppose!!

Is that a fact or hearsay ?? I also remember Bobby saying that Micah would be out for approx 1 month last season,something that Micah seemed very surprised at.I trust our medical team and have far more knowledge than some of our "so called" professional people on here.<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:07 am --<br /><br />
Eds said:

Fucking spot on Eds !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.